ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Account name for T1 dependent child's maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Bank Account name for T1 dependent child's maintenance funds

Post by arlikattiananth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:32 am

Hi,

I am currently in UK (< 12months) and planning to get my spouse and child as Tier-1 dependents from India.

Regarding the maintenance funds for dependents, the total sum of 1600 + 1600 = 3200 pounds is in my spouse's bank account. This is apart from my maintenance funds of GBP 800.

The question is - The child's maintenance funds is kept in (her) mother's bank account, is this okay? OR should the bank account must be a joint account with main Tier-1 applicant? Please share your answers.

Thanks in advance.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am

the answer to this is in the PBS dependents policy guidance on the UKBA website, and on this forum.

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Post by arlikattiananth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks.

This is what I got from PBS dependent policy (latest one).

"the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;"

But still it is not clear for me...may be I am getting confused.

As I said in my case, the maintenance funds for my wife and my child (total of GBP 3200) is in my wife's bank account, is it okay?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:22 pm

The actual rules say the following:

Appendix E of the Immigration Rules, para d)

"Where the applicant is applying as the Child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to the applicant, the Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or the applicant's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time"

If the funds are in the chid's mothers name and she is applying at the same time as the child then the child should be able to rely on the funds in the mothers account.

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Post by arlikattiananth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks Greenie for prompt reply. I really appreciate that.