ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing ending course date which end after my visa expired.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tammytam
Newly Registered

Changing ending course date which end after my visa expired.

Post by tammytam » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm now study MBA top-up course which suppose to be 6 months programme (Research Methodology + Dissertation).
My CAS letter states my course will end 08/07/2011. I've extended my visa and already got it back. My visa will be expired 09/09/2011, exactly 2 months after my course end as UKBA said.

Due to college's internal problem, I've to study 2 more subjects on top of what they originally said.
Moreover, the end date of this course (or date of dissertation submission) is changed to be 12/09/2011. AFTER MY VISA EXPIRE.

I've been asking for help from college because I'll lost 2 months time after my course end and I didn't expect the course that would last 9 months instead of 6 months. This also will effect my plan to apply for PSW visa as I won't have certificate of award required for PSW application.

The college said they can't do anything with my issue since student doesn't have to be in this country during their dissertation time. I intend to do my dissertation related to UK company where I work part-time for nearly 2 years and I've already got permission from upper management team for my dissertation.

I feel very upset and don't know what to do. So, any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Changing ending course date which end after my visa expi

Post by ash786 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:40 pm

tammytam wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm now study MBA top-up course which suppose to be 6 months programme (Research Methodology + Dissertation).
My CAS letter states my course will end 08/07/2011. I've extended my visa and already got it back. My visa will be expired 09/09/2011, exactly 2 months after my course end as UKBA said.

Due to college's internal problem, I've to study 2 more subjects on top of what they originally said.
Moreover, the end date of this course (or date of dissertation submission) is changed to be 12/09/2011. AFTER MY VISA EXPIRE.

I've been asking for help from college because I'll lost 2 months time after my course end and I didn't expect the course that would last 9 months instead of 6 months. This also will effect my plan to apply for PSW visa as I won't have certificate of award required for PSW application.

The college said they can't do anything with my issue since student doesn't have to be in this country during their dissertation time. I intend to do my dissertation related to UK company where I work part-time for nearly 2 years and I've already got permission from upper management team for my dissertation.

I feel very upset and don't know what to do. So, any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
1. That is an utter nonsense from your college.
2. It is not your fault that they have extended the course length.
3. I wud complain or perhaps notify that to the UKBA.
4. If you are saying that u need to study 2 more modules then it is the college responsibility to help you out.
5. Ask your local MP to write to the college.
6. If it was sumfin to do with your dissertation then that wud be fine but if they have added 2 more modules on top of what they said in the beginning then it is their fault.