ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qualify for ILR under HSMP - Jr ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Do I qualify for ILR under HSMP - Jr ?

Post by Bhutta144 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi
My application for HSMP was approved in June 2005 but I was refused entry clearance from BHC Islamabad. I appealed against this decision(Entry clearance) and my appeal was successful after one and half years (December 2006). I was issued a new letter (HSMP) in March 2007 and was granted the Entry Clearance for two years in June 2007. In 2009 I applied for extension under Tier 1 (General) and my current leave is expiring in June 2012.

My question is whether I qualify under Jr or not ?

Best Regards

Bhutta

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Do I qualify for ILR under HSMP - Jr ?

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi

When you applied for extension in 2009 and got accepted, the letter you received from HO should tell me how your application was dealt i.e. wheather under the 65 points rule or not.

Thanks

best of my knowledge, its looks like you are not covered by the policy.

Thanks
Bhutta144 wrote:Hi
My application for HSMP was approved in June 2005 but I was refused entry clearance from BHC Islamabad. I appealed against this decision(Entry clearance) and my appeal was successful after one and half years (December 2006). I was issued a new letter (HSMP) in March 2007 and was granted the Entry Clearance for two years in June 2007. In 2009 I applied for extension under Tier 1 (General) and my current leave is expiring in June 2012.

My question is whether I qualify under Jr or not ?

Best Regards

Bhutta

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Re: Do I qualify for ILR under HSMP - Jr ?

Post by Bhutta144 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi
For extension application in 2009, I applied through PEO Croydon and did not received any letter. I did not realised than that I may qualify under Jr and does it matter whether the extension application was made under Jr rules or not? I made the application under Tier 1 (G) rules. I am little confused about this wording on UKBA website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... review-09/ which says ;

"You are covered by the judgment if we sent you a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) approval letter on the basis of an application made before 7 November 2006, and you obtained entry clearance or permission to stay in the United Kingdom "

because I did applied originally before this date. I hope my question makes some sense :)

Best Regards

Bhutta[/url]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Since it was an appeal of an application you made in 2005 that you won, I have no reason to doubt that you are covered by HSMP JR.

Do you have a copy of the letter issued to you in March 2007? If so, please check if that letter mentions the fact that your application was assessed and approved on basis of 65 points criteria. Alternatively, please post the content of the letter here.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Post by Bhutta144 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Since it was an appeal of an application you made in 2005 that you won, I have no reason to doubt that you are covered by HSMP JR.

Do you have a copy of the letter issued to you in March 2007? If so, please check if that letter mentions the fact that your application was assessed and approved on basis of 65 points criteria. Alternatively, please post the content of the letter here.
Hi
First of all thanks for your reply and I have managed to locate the copy of the letter (original not found).

The Application Catagory is
" Application against the Qualifying Criteria - Under 28"

The terms of the qualifying criteria are
1-Score 65 or more in SIX hsmp scoring areas
2-Provide evidence.........

But there is one problem.....I don't have any copy of the original letter (2005) and the copy of application 2005. Can I ask UKBA to provide me the same and what sort of evidence/supporting documents I will need with my application. and one last thing I don't have to pass KOL test???

Best Regards

Bhutta

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:08 pm

1. The letter proves that you are covered by HSMP JR.
2. You don't need the original letter, in case you don't have it.
3. UKBA will not issue a duplicate letter, even if you request it.
4. You (and any dependant(s)) are exempt from LITUK, in context of settlement application.
5. The new immigration rules introduced on 06-Apr-11 (e.g. - income threshold, criminality threshold) do not apply to you and your dependants.
6. If you search the forum, you'll find numerous posts by HSMP JR covered migrants who have been granted settlement mentioning their experiences and the list of supporting documents they provided for their applications.

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Post by Bhutta144 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. The letter proves that you are covered by HSMP JR.
2. You don't need the original letter, in case you don't have it.
3. UKBA will not issue a duplicate letter, even if you request it.
4. You (and any dependant(s)) are exempt from LITUK, in context of settlement application.
5. The new immigration rules introduced on 06-Apr-11 (e.g. - income threshold, criminality threshold) do not apply to you and your dependants.
6. If you search the forum, you'll find numerous posts by HSMP JR covered migrants who have been granted settlement mentioning their experiences and the list of supporting documents they provided for their applications.
Hi
One last question.....I entered in Uk on July 20, 2007. Am I eligible to apply on or after 22 June 2011 (after completing the four years)?

Best Regards
Bhutta

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Given that you applied in 2005 (before the qualifying residential period was increased to 5 years on 03-Apr-06), you may apply for settlement after completing 4 years in the UK.

Given your circumstances (appeal, delayed entry), a precise explanation of facts in a cover letter (if applying by post) will be useful.

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Post by Bhutta144 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Given that you applied in 2005 (before the qualifying residential period was increased to 5 years on 03-Apr-06), you may apply for settlement after completing 4 years in the UK.

Given your circumstances (appeal, delayed entry), a precise explanation of facts in a cover letter (if applying by post) will be useful.
Today by the grace of Allah I got the ILR under 4 years JR. Thanks you Sush for your help.....May Allah bless you .....

Regards
Bhutta

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Bhutta144 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Given that you applied in 2005 (before the qualifying residential period was increased to 5 years on 03-Apr-06), you may apply for settlement after completing 4 years in the UK.

Today by the grace of Allah I got the ILR under 4 years JR. Thanks you Sush for your help.....May Allah bless you .....

Regards
Bhutta
sushdmehta is no doubt expert on immigration advice.

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Please check page 16.
Does it mean that you can apply for ILR after 4 years if you have made your initial application ON or before 3rd April.
Before it was saying considering application made BEFORE 3rd April, but now i guess they will consider yr application if made ON and BEFORE 3rd April.

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Post by Bhutta144 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 pm

khalidmirza wrote:
Bhutta144 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
sushdmehta is no doubt expert on immigration advice.
Yes .....but helping ppl without anything in return is amazing.....something special.....

Regards
Bhutta