ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa urgent reply needed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shereez234
Newly Registered

Visa urgent reply needed

Post by shereez234 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:03 pm

i have paid accommodation fee in full

but the University is not going to mention it in CAS as it is paid to a private hall which is managed by university

so i asked for an original receipt of payment from halls manager and she sent me a scanned and signed adobe document. if i print it out is it considered as an original document? can i use it to prove that i have paid accommodation fees?

and another doubt. as i am going to stay out of london the maintenance amount i need to show is 5400. if i have paid accommodation fees of 4000 pounds then do i need to show 1400 only as other living expenses?

ash786
BANNED

Re: Visa urgent reply needed

Post by ash786 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 pm

shereez234 wrote:i have paid accommodation fee in full

but the University is not going to mention it in CAS as it is paid to a private hall which is managed by university

so i asked for an original receipt of payment from halls manager and she sent me a scanned and signed adobe document. if i print it out is it considered as an original document? can i use it to prove that i have paid accommodation fees?

and another doubt. as i am going to stay out of london the maintenance amount i need to show is 5400. if i have paid accommodation fees of 4000 pounds then do i need to show 1400 only as other living expenses?
1. No that wud not be acceptale.
2. U need original receipt or letter stating the facts that u have paid £4000 and the balance is £1400.
3. As u said, u need to maintain £1400 for the visa.
4. Why u want to take a chance and get u application in trouble?
5. Get an original receipt from the accomodation authority.
6. Also if you paid by cheque,card bacs then mention that in the form or a seperate letter and include your receipt with the application.

shereez234
Newly Registered

Post by shereez234 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:44 pm

ash786 wrote:
2. U need original receipt or letter stating the facts that u have paid £4000 and the balance is £1400.
6. Also if you paid by cheque,card bacs then mention that in the form or a seperate letter and include your receipt with the application.
yeah i guess you are right. i am confused because the hall manager once said print it out and it is equal to an original receipt. but then now i have mailed her with guidelines from the UKBA border agency. anyways thanks for the ideas dude

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

are the accommodation fees paid direct to the university or to the private hall? Is the receipt a university receipt with the university's logo on it?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

shereez234 wrote:
ash786 wrote:
yeah i guess you are right. i am confused because the hall manager once said print it out and it is equal to an original receipt. but then now i have mailed her with guidelines from the UKBA border agency. anyways thanks for the ideas dude
1. Not a problem man.
2. It is really easy for the institutions to say that an e-mail print out will be fine or signed photocopy wud be fine.
3. They do not know that HO is very strict on the documents and wud not accept any copies and refuse the application.
4. Like i said even if it takes sometime but get the original documents.

shereez234
Newly Registered

Post by shereez234 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Greenie wrote:are the accommodation fees paid direct to the university or to the private hall? Is the receipt a university receipt with the university's logo on it?
i paid by card to the private hall. and it does not have university logo as it is private. but the hall is managed by De montfort university. that's it