ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring A General Visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srichar3
Newly Registered

Sponsoring A General Visitor

Post by srichar3 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:49 pm

If your sponsoring a visitor who has little to no available funds, does it matter as slong as the sponsor can show sufficient available funds?

Regards Steve

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Sponsoring A General Visitor

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 pm

srichar3 wrote:If your sponsoring a visitor who has little to no available funds, does it matter as slong as the sponsor can show sufficient available funds?

Regards Steve
If your sponsoring the visit, you can show your bank statments is it a family visitor.

I had applied for my mum and sister to visit me in the UK on my bank statements and my letters although the visa was refused(due to other reasons, being photocopies) but the appeal was subsequently granted and the visa was issued

So I believe yes you can sponsor a visitor without their statements but they should provide strong ties to their home country which would show the intention to return back at the end of the visit. You should also be able to pay their return ticket and accomodation

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 20, 2011 10:02 pm

I believe bf will not be considered as a family visitor!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:05 pm

terriblescream wrote:I believe bf will not be considered as a family visitor!

Any specific reason for your claim?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 pm

mvent00 wrote:

Does this explain it to you
VAT2.2 What is a family visitor?
Under the Immigration Appeals (Family Visitor) Regulations 2003, a family visitor is defined as someone who intends to visit someone who is related to them in the following way:

the applicant's spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin (note: "first cousin" means, in relation to a person, the son or daughter of his uncle or aunt);
the father, mother, brother or sister of the applicant's spouse;
the spouse of the applicant's son or daughter;
the applicant's stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
a person with whom the applicant has lived as a member of an unmarried couple for at least two of the three years before the day on which his application for entry clearance was made

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 22, 2011 11:24 pm

batleykhan wrote:
mvent00 wrote:

Does this explain it to you
VAT2.2 What is a family visitor?
Under the Immigration Appeals (Family Visitor) Regulations 2003, a family visitor is defined as someone who intends to visit someone who is related to them in the following way:

the applicant's spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin (note: "first cousin" means, in relation to a person, the son or daughter of his uncle or aunt);
the father, mother, brother or sister of the applicant's spouse;
the spouse of the applicant's son or daughter;
the applicant's stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
a person with whom the applicant has lived as a member of an unmarried couple for at least two of the three years before the day on which his application for entry clearance was made

Does it not cover a boyfriend? I am sure it does. Anyway, OP's question did not include a family member, but a sponsor. Anyone can be a sponsor, such as a friend, a company, an organization, etc, and as long as a sponsor can fulfil necessary requirements, there should be no problem with a successful visa application.