ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP/ Tier 1 Visa letter after appeal allowed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madeeha62
Newly Registered

HSMP/ Tier 1 Visa letter after appeal allowed

Post by madeeha62 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:43 pm

My HSMP appeal was allowed in June 2010 and i just (April 2011) got the visa letter at my address in Pakistan. Funny thing is all this time i have been telling them that i am not in Pakistan no more but the letter says to submit the passport at Gerry's Pakistan.
My letter also say the things i have to send. It says the visa letter, my passport, intended date of travel and duration, TB certificate and i also have to submit the following.
* For work permit holders: A current valid work permit and a recent letter confirming your intended employment in the UK.
Did any one else got this point checked in their visa letter?
also can i get the visa stamped here in SWISS or FRANCE?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:20 am

1. A visa can only be issued by the overseas post where the visa application was submitted.
2. HSMP / Tier 1 (General) is not a "work permit" category, so you can ignore the instruction.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

madeeha62
Newly Registered

Post by madeeha62 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

One of my friend's sister had an appeal allowed for her student visa 2 years ago and she got the call in / visa letter when she was already leaving for Canada, but over the phone at Embassy in Islamabad she was told that she can submit her passport anywhere as long she has a residence visa in that country.

Similarly i called the British Embassy in Paris last year after my appeal was allowed and they told me its possible to do issue the visa here once we have instructions from the office where your original application was made.
Is their a law/rule that the passport has to be submitted in the same overseas post

masterpeas
Vietnam

Post by masterpeas » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 pm

madeeha62 wrote:One of my friend's sister had an appeal allowed for her student visa 2 years ago and she got the call in / visa letter when she was already leaving for Canada, but over the phone at Embassy in Islamabad she was told that she can submit her passport anywhere as long she has a residence visa in that country.

Similarly i called the British Embassy in Paris last year after my appeal was allowed and they told me its possible to do issue the visa here once we have instructions from the office where your original application was made.
Is their a law/rule that the passport has to be submitted in the same overseas post
:oops: omg...is this true??? I made in-country application for T1 G visa. and now I really wish I could go back to my home country to reunion with my family, but i cannot even though I purchased the flight ticket already!! because I jsut received the appeal allowed letter!! Can anyone share some experience please whether we can leave UK to post passport back to UK for visa granting???

Help.....

homesick wanderer :cry: