ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and a car scrapped by police

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bunty4ILR

ILR and a car scrapped by police

Post by bunty4ILR » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Hello All

Just wondering if anyone can help me with my query:

I am applying for ILR in June and I have something to worry about but not sure if the matter is going to harm my ILR application.

In 2006 my next door neighbour was selling his old car and I asked him if I could buy it. At that time I didnt know how to drive and was taking the driving lessons. The car was parked on the street out side our house. So I bought the car with the intention to to start driving it after passing my full licence in future.

The car was left parked on the street (outside my front door) for 3 weeks and during this time it's road tax ran out. One morning a policeman knocked my door and asked why I have not renewed the road tax. I told him the whole story but he said I should have parked it on a private land and as it was parked on the street it is going to scarpped. After couple of hours the police picked the car and scrapped it and nothing heard afterwards from police. The policeman did take my name, DoB and obviously the address.

After few months I passed my driving test and got the licence. Currently I have a clean licence (never had any points) and no issues with regard to MOT, insurance or road tax.

Now after April changes to the settlement I am worried if that incident was an offence or something which could jeopardise my ILR application.

Can someone please give me some advice. I never drove that car and it was just parked outside my house with expired tax disc.

Many thanks for your help.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Mon May 02, 2011 12:02 am

Just to add - I recently had my enhanced CRB done which is all clear. Also I have a clean driving licence with no driving convictions/points.

Please help!!! :?

DarkKnight007
Newly Registered

Post by DarkKnight007 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:20 am

If your enhanced CRB is clear then you have nothing to worry about.

So CRB is clean…..Good

No Traffic Offences…..Nice

I would however advice you check for any County Court Judgment.

Was the car registered on your name when the police took it? Did you get any letters from the council for the cost of removing the car from the road? Do you owe anybody any money?

The only way to check for that or any other civil judgments is to make sure that you don’t have any CCJ made against you.

The CCJ normally stays on your record for six years and on the register.
It would give you a piece of mind to check that out as well.

I would recommend http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Good luck with your application.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Mon May 02, 2011 12:28 am

DarkKnight007 wrote:If your enhanced CRB is clear then you have nothing to worry about.

So CRB is clean…..Good

No Traffic Offences…..Nice

I would however advice you check for any County Court Judgment.

Was the car registered on your name when the police took it? Did you get any letters from the council for the cost of removing the car from the road? Do you owe anybody any money?

The only way to check for that or any other civil judgments is to make sure that you don’t have any CCJ made against you.

The CCJ normally stays on your record for six years and on the register.
It would give you a piece of mind to check that out as well.

I would recommend http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Good luck with your application.

Thanks for your reply Sir.

I have checked my credit reports from all three credit reference agencies and they all confirm that I dont have any CCJs. Though I have couple of credit cards and a car loan which I repay regularly. I have a good/excellent credit history.

The car was registered in my name. I think I did sent DVLA the V5 certificate when the car was transfered to me and later when it was scrapped as SORN.

I never received any bill for the removal or scrappage or any further correspondence from council or police whatsoever.

Thanks again.

DarkKnight007
Newly Registered

Post by DarkKnight007 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 am

Start filling that form then and good luck.

By the way how did you manage to do an enhanced CRB check?

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Mon May 02, 2011 1:11 am

I had my recent enhanced CRB done by my employer. All of its sections say ' NONE RECORDED' The previous ECRB was done through an employment agency 4 years ago. Actually I was registered with them as a job searcher for the position of social worker and ECRB is the prerequisite for such a position. They did my CRB free of cost.

Hope you find this info useful and thank you again for clarifying the confusion. God bless....

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Mon May 02, 2011 11:31 am

Hi bunty4ILR, if your enhanced disclosure is clear and you have a clean UK driving licence then I don't see any problem. Dark Knight is absolutely spot on.

Good luck dear. :lol: