ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium application: Has been a month now

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier-1

Premium application: Has been a month now

Post by tier-1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Hello Friends,

Thankfully I found this board again.
I had applied for tier-1 extention in premium category (April-5) and it has been over a month now, they have not given any status update.

I am planning to pull home office to court. Could you please advise any lawyer who is good in dealing with home office.

I am very much frustrated because of this. I had to cancel my marriage plans because thier callus attitude.

Thanks for your advise on this.

Cheers.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Premium application: Has been a month now

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:59 pm

tier-1 wrote:Hello Friends,

Thankfully I found this board again.
I had applied for tier-1 extention in premium category (April-5) and it has been over a month now, they have not given any status update.

I am planning to pull home office to court. Could you please advise any lawyer who is good in dealing with home office.

I am very much frustrated because of this. I had to cancel my marriage plans because thier callus attitude.

Thanks for your advise on this.

Cheers.
If UKBA cannot give you the decision the same day then it eventually becomes a postal application, and would take as long as the postal application takes time.

What did they tell you on the day? Why couldnt your application be processed?

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:07 am

terriblescream wrote: If UKBA cannot give you the decision the same day then it eventually becomes a postal application, and would take as long as the postal application takes time.

Unfortunately I had booked my appointment under wrong category and when I went there they took my biometric and application and said that they will hand it over to a tier-1 case worker. I recieved a letter dated 7 April that they will retrun after some investigation. It has been longer and I am feeling so nervous and frustrated. Please help me. How can I force them? Can I resort to legal course.
Last edited by tier-1 on Sun May 01, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 01, 2011 12:09 am

tier-1 wrote:
terriblescream wrote: If UKBA cannot give you the decision the same day then it eventually becomes a postal application, and would take as long as the postal application takes time.

I had booked my appointment under wrong category and when I went there they took my application and said that they will hand it over to a case worker. I recieved a letter dated 7 April that they will retrun after some investigation. It has been longer and I am feeling so nervous and frustrated. Please help me. How can I force them? Can I resort to legal course.
On they day did they tell you that they would take your application and process it the same day?

Well even if you had a correct appointment as I said before if they cannot take the decision same day it becomes postal application because of the complications in the case(in their view), I do not think you can take any legal action on the basis on your premium application

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 am

terriblescream wrote:
tier-1 wrote:

I had booked my appointment under wrong category and when I went there they took my application and said that they will hand it over to a case worker. I recieved a letter dated 7 April that they will retrun after some investigation. It has been longer and I am feeling so nervous and frustrated. Please help me. How can I force them? Can I resort to legal course.
On they day did they tell you that they would take your application and process it the same day?

Well even if you had a correct appointment as I said before if they cannot take the decision same day it becomes postal application because of the complications in the case(in their view), I do not think you can take any legal action on the basis on your premium application
Thanks a lot mate for your replies.
They did not tell anything on that day as it was handed over to case worker lter in the week. Can I force them to return my £300? How can I do that?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 01, 2011 12:21 am

Ur welcome mate...no idea about this situation of refund, legal advise might help or wait for others to respond you have some idea/experience on this situation

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:25 am

terriblescream wrote:Ur welcome mate...no idea about this situation of refund, legal advise might help or wait for others to respond you have some idea/experience on this situation
Is it mentioned anywhere that if they do not give decision on the same day then it will be deemed as a postal application?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 01, 2011 12:32 am

tier-1 wrote:
terriblescream wrote:Ur welcome mate...no idea about this situation of refund, legal advise might help or wait for others to respond you have some idea/experience on this situation
Is it mentioned anywhere that if they do not give decision on the same day then it will be deemed as a postal application?
Its not mentioned on UKBA website but people on this forum has deemed to believe that.

UKBA says

If there is likely to be any delay in deciding your application, we will tell you when you attend your appointment.

I doubt why didnt they tell u anything

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:35 am

Can you tell me about any good lawyer for me?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 01, 2011 12:40 am

tier-1 wrote:Can you tell me about any good lawyer for me?
I havn't had a chance to get a solicitor for my leave to remain in the UK since all my applications were straight-forward, the following link might help

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/people_seeking_i ... on_advice/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 am

tier-1 wrote:I am planning to pull home office to court. Could you please advise any lawyer who is good in dealing with home office.
On what basis? Where does UKBA state that an in-person application guarantees same day service?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
tier-1 wrote:I am planning to pull home office to court. Could you please advise any lawyer who is good in dealing with home office.
On what basis? Where does UKBA state that an in-person application guarantees same day service?
So if they do not mention that, do they have right to retain such important documents as possport for so long? There has to be limit which they must stipulate. The fact that they did not mention it does not mean they therefore have the rights. It could as well mean that the covenents of the deal between the applicant and home office is not fair. Is this not a good basis to pull them in the court.

Alternatively, Do you know of any other institutions which help in such matters. In India , we have consumer forums which settle petty matters quickly.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 01, 2011 2:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Applying in person at a public enquiry office wrote:Service standards

Our published service standards describe how quickly we aim to decide different types of application. For charged applications made in person at a public enquiry office, our service standard says that we will decide 90 per cent of cases within 24 hours.
Unfortunately, your application has ended up in the remaining 10%, for which the following service standard may apply:
Service standards wrote:Our service standards set out how quickly we aim to decide immigration applications.

For applications made inside the UK under Tier 1 of the points-based system, the standard is that we will decide 75 per cent of applications within 4 weeks.
Detailed information about service targets for in-country applications can be requested from UKBA.

I am sure any solicitor will be able to offer you legal advice on whether or not there is a valid (legal) basis for you to take UKBA to court for holding on to your important documents for so long.
tier-1 wrote:In India , we have consumer forums which settle petty matters quickly.
To that, all I can say is - UKBA will definitely make a decision on your application much sooner than it takes the consumer courts in India to resolve an issue.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:54 am

Do they publish thier current timescales anywhere?

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:40 pm

tier-1 wrote:Do they publish thier current timescales anywhere?
Hello Sushdmehta and Friends,

Please answer my querry. Do they publish thier current timescale anywhere? The letter that I recieved from them stated that I should look for the current timelines on website?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Also tell me if you think it is not anywhere on thier website.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:22 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... tingtimes/

tier-1 wrote:
tier-1 wrote:Do they publish thier current timescales anywhere?
Hello Sushdmehta and Friends,

Please answer my querry. Do they publish thier current timescale anywhere? The letter that I recieved from them stated that I should look for the current timelines on website?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Also tell me if you think it is not anywhere on thier website.