ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Depedant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asal
BANNED

Depedant Visa

Post by asal » Sun May 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi,I'm going to apply for dependant visa for spouse and daughter.I am in the UK.Please let me know if the below documents are sufficient to obtain the visa.

1.Marraige certifcate
2.Childbirth certificate
3.Maintenance funds(my self 1600+1600+1600) for 3 months in my UK bank current account(I am planning to send the bank letter and 3 months bank statements from UK to India via postal).
4,VAF form (Please sugest wihc form to use.I got my tier1 general on Nov 2009.
5.couple of family photos.

Is there any other documents need to be sent over to India from myside?

Please advise.

Thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Depedant Visa documents

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 01, 2011 3:55 pm

asal wrote:Hi,I'm going to apply for dependant visa for spouse and daughter.I am in the UK.Please let me know if the below documents are sufficient to obtain the visa.

1.Marraige certifcate
2.Childbirth certificate
3.Maintenance funds(my self 1600+1600+1600) for 3 months in my UK bank current account(I am planning to send the bank letter and 3 months bank statements from UK to India via postal).
4,VAF form (Please sugest wihc form to use.I got my tier1 general on Nov 2009.
5.couple of family photos.

Is there any other documents need to be sent over to India from myside?

Please advise.

Thanks
1. Yes you the Marriage Certificate
2. Your child's birth certificate
3. Maintenance, if you have been present in the UK for more then 12 months then you need 533 per dependant, this is in addition to the funds required by you. If you have not been in the UK for more than 12months then it is 1600 per dependant.
Your statements from the UK, for 3 months will do. Your bank letter along with statements would do fine if they are online printed statements then make sure they are stamped by the BANK.
4. This is the form your dependants will need to fill in
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf10
5. Photos are not required but no harm in sending them.
6. Do include your employement status, your payslips, company letter so that the ECO will know you are still doing a highly skilled job in the UK or else they will be concerned what you have been doing there.

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Sun May 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Many thanks for you repsonse.

Please can you confirm if I am running my own limited company and working as a contractor what kind of employment documents needs to be submitted?

Does the 12 months period in the UK should be continuous period ?If I am going on vacation to India for a month then how the mainteance fund is calcualted is that still 533?

Thanks

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:27 pm

asal wrote:Many thanks for you repsonse.

Please can you confirm if I am running my own limited company and working as a contractor what kind of employment documents needs to be submitted?

Does the 12 months period in the UK should be continuous period ?If I am going on vacation to India for a month then how the mainteance fund is calcualted is that still 533?

Thanks
Hi. I am also planning for visa for two dependants, I fall in HSMP (JR) policy category & my visa is tier 1 (general).I am in uk more than two years. My query is;
1. For maintenance I need £800 plus £533 for each dependant for three months OR .....
2. Wage slips for three months or 6 months.
3. accommodation
4. Which visa application form we need to fill & what is fee we need to pay.
Thanks

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Sat May 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi terriblescream,

Regarding payslips,I am a contractor and some times I may not have job continuously so in that case if I will not get payslips asI have tied up with umbrella company.

Please let me know is it mandatory to show employment proof?

Thanks.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat May 07, 2011 6:53 pm

asal wrote:Hi terriblescream,

Regarding payslips,I am a contractor and some times I may not have job continuously so in that case if I will not get payslips asI have tied up with umbrella company.

Please let me know is it mandatory to show employment proof?

Thanks.
It is not mandatory, check it here, it lists what is required by dependants

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... rantdepend

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Many thanks for your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 pm

asal wrote:hi,

The address in my passport and wife passport are different .Is there any problem in applying for a Dependant visa?After marriage as there was no proof of residence for my wife hence I used her address to apply for passport as the spouse house is also on the same city i thought of no problem in that.

Please can you advise on this?

thanks
asal wrote:Hi,We got marraige certificate from walf board but it has stamp in tamil and all other contents are in english.please let me know if that cause any issue?
asal wrote:I am maintaing funds in dependant bank accout in India and i am in the uk .Please can you let me know after 90 days what conversion rate will be considered for maintaince fund.

I'm maintaing 4 lakhs in spouse account for myself and 2 dependantsn
As i am in uk for less than i think totally 4800 pounds is enough
(1600+1600+1600).Please confirm on this.
asal wrote:In my chlid birth certifcate my full name is printed but my wife name has only first name and lastname as my name is not there.

Child born in India.Please advise me if that cause any issue?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 pm

1. Address in passport - Not an issue.
2. Marriage certificate - should be okay.
3. Maintenance funds - Read Guidance - Tier 1 (General) Dependent application and PBS dependents policy guidance.
4. Birth certificate - Should be okay, if name of both parents is mentioned.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:02 pm

For subsistence relatioship recently I was chasing the passport officer via email communcations to check the status of the passport for my wife and I received replies from the passport officer.

Can I show that email trial as a proof?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 pm

asal wrote:For subsistence relatioship recently I was chasing the passport officer via email communcations to check the status of the passport for my wife and I received replies from the passport officer.

Can I show that email trial as a proof?
I doubt it - it merely shows that you are worried about her passport rather than about her. Following up on a passport for someone's behalf doesn't really show a subsisting relationship between yourself and the owner of the passport.

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Please advise me which proof should be provided for subsistence relationship.I am in the UK since Feb2011 and got married 2 years ago.

Only 4 months I was away from my family.I want to apply visa for wife and baby .
thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:00 pm

People send all kinds of things, it would just depend on the situation. You just need to prove that you and your wife are married for the right reasons and it's not a marriage of convenience.

Some people send in proof that they have been in contact (e.g. detailed printouts of calls or chat logs), wills, proof of joint accounts, proof that you stayed together until you left for the UK and then proof that you are in contact with your wife since then (e.g. that you are not separated).

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Many thanks mulderpf.

tvsgold
Newly Registered

Post by tvsgold » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:21 pm

you may provide the lebara call logs, the skype call logs...& also if your wife has made some calls from india then the itemised billing which she recives she can attach aswell...also do attach some (may be 7 to 10 ) different gmail or yahoo chats spanning over a few months...showing clearly your & her email address...this will be a good proof of regular communication. make sure you use the same email address in your application form as well.Good Luck !!

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi,

my wife has been in UK for 3 years but last 1 year she is in india.

I use lyca mobile to call india. the online lyca mobile call history doesnt sate my name / official lyca mobile provider details.

a printout of the online call history would be enough or do i need to provide an official printout from lyca ?

Please suggest.

thanks a lot.

regards
subba.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Subbarao wrote:Hi,

my wife has been in UK for 3 years but last 1 year she is in india.

I use lyca mobile to call india. the online lyca mobile call history doesnt sate my name / official lyca mobile provider details.

a printout of the online call history would be enough or do i need to provide an official printout from lyca ?

Please suggest.

thanks a lot.

regards
subba.
Hi Subba, Official bill will be obviously better. If you call their customer service or go tot heir office they will be able to give itemised bill. Remember , this hassle of getting correct papers are nothing compare to the hassle if visa gets rejected. I been through that so I know it...

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:49 am

Please any senior members on this forum confirm,I am maintaining funds in my wife account in India for me as well and i am in uk.

Is that OK maintaing fund in depenant account in india?

As getting bank letters in uk is difficult I thought of mainting whole funds for me and my wife and kid in her account itself so that they can directly approcach bank to get any letters easily without waiting for me to send bank document from uk.

Please confirm.Thanks.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:02 am

Yes you can.
What I would suggest is read the dependent guidelines your doubts will be absolutely clear and you will be at peace.

Cheers,
Jacob
asal wrote:Please any senior members on this forum confirm,I am maintaining funds in my wife account in India for me as well and i am in uk.

Is that OK maintaing fund in depenant account in india?

As getting bank letters in uk is difficult I thought of mainting whole funds for me and my wife and kid in her account itself so that they can directly approcach bank to get any letters easily without waiting for me to send bank document from uk.

Please confirm.Thanks.