ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayin a student visa and now applying for a spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balujai10
Newly Registered

Overstayin a student visa and now applying for a spouse visa

Post by balujai10 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:03 am

Hello,

I had returned from the UK three years ago due to my mum being terminally ill. I had overstayed my student visa and was trying to get married and stay on their. But things turned out that I could not find a suitable bride and it just didn't work out. As long as I was their I studied and worked , paying taxes as other did. After my studies I continued to work and still payed my taxes duly to the government. But now that I back in India I have got a proposal from one of the families in Briton for marriage. I would like to know weather their would be any major issues with the home office granting me a spouse visa. (As I collect I left the country on my own accord and inc-cured no extra cost to the government. Also that I have been paying my taxes like any other worker and did not evade from it , by working for cash in hand jobs. Please do not be of the notion that I am trying to justify my point. What I did was wrong at the end of the day.)
I have gone through various forums and found that it is a period of three years which they say that you cannot go back if you have over stayed your visa.(Provided that you have left the country by yourself)

Please advise me on how I should go about things as I want to get this right this time and be a law abiding citizen now on.
Your views and advises will be much appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to go through my problem and advise me.