ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for Moroccan husband

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EEA family permit proving a relationship

Scepticism 'genuine relationship'?
No votes
time requirement for being togehter?
No votes

Total votes: 0

AMiss
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit for Moroccan husband

Post by AMiss » Tue May 03, 2011 11:20 am

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can give me advice on the following.

In September I will start an MA programme in the UK. I want my (future) husband to be able to join me there. So we want to apply for the EEA family permit.

Proof of being a qualified person (student), accommodation and sufficient funds shouldn't be a problem.

However, what worries me is that we have been together for 5 months (communicating daily but living in different countries - in person we will have spent about 8 weeks together...so our relationship is quite new in relation to the big marriage step we will be taking).
But due to visa regulations (its impossible for him to come to the EU to be with me without being married) and laws within Morocco (its illegal to live together without being married) its impossible for us to constructively take part in each others life beforehand, except for visits and long distance communication.

Is there any kind of 'time requirement' that you have to have lived together to be able to apply for the permit? Does not having lived together (because its simply impossible due to external circumstances) raise a lot of scepticism for a supposed 'scam marriage'?
(We can provide pictures and letters form friends, e-mails, and skype logs.)

I've heard the embassy in Rabat is the 2nd most difficult in the world....ouch.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice is extremely welcome! Should we employ an immigration consultant?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you!

Amiss