ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tips please!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marky3
Newly Registered

tips please!!

Post by marky3 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:28 pm

i'm a student on Tier 4, might switch to Spouse. would appreciate some help...

is it easier to get a spouse visa if i'm applying from my home country or from the UK?

if in the UK, do our passports have to stay with UKBA under all circumstances? (both of us need to travel abroad for work)

i know i need to provide my earnings in my application. but will UKBA check my NIN to see if it's true?
the thing is, in the month(s) after i submit my application and wait for the results i might switch to part time work. if so, the amount i specify on my application might be different than they'll see if they check my NIN or bank details independently.

and finally, how much can i expect the whole thing to take? the application will be pretty straightforward (other than a possible confusion over the earnings)

thanks!!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat May 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Its far quicker to do it from your home country. If it is a straight forward application completed efficiently it should be done fairly quickly.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 3:40 pm

If you're switching from a valid visa to FLR(M) then this can be done from within the UK in person at one of the PEO's where a decision is usually made on the same day. You don't need to return to your home country to apply for a Spouse visa. The decision regarding finances will be made on the evidence you submit with the application...pay slips/bank statements etc.
Sohopeful, it would be unwise to say that an application in a home country would be decided quickly. It very much depends on which country it is being submitted....and in some cases there can be a 3 month wait. Also FLR(M) can only be applied for from within the UK.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat May 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Sorry, i meant in comparison to applying from within the UK that doing it from the home country can often work out to be quicker.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Not when someone is switching to FLR(M) from another visa category...as in this case.