ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got the EEA Family Permit, I think?!?!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devster
Newly Registered

Got the EEA Family Permit, I think?!?!

Post by devster » Tue May 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi folks,

My wife sent off her application through VFS Japan on the 21st April and exactly a week later received the following email:

Subject: UK Visa Application: UKBA-Manila Visa Hub (Ref: xxxxx)

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

Now, this seems very positive to me. Anyone else received a similar email and then got theirs? Also, if you did get it, how long until you actually received your passport/visa back?

Although they have sent this email (last Thursday 28th), the online tracking on VFS still shows as "Application under assessment at visa section", annoying.

Thanks for your input everyone.

Dev.