ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed please!! ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rukhsana22
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed please!! ILR

Post by rukhsana22 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:23 pm

I am a British citizen, my husband is on a spouse visa. He is about to apply for ILR, however I was on maternity leave and claimed Housing Benefit, Work & Child Tax credits. For the past 5 months I have been back to work 20 hours a week. My husband works between 30-35 hours a week.
At the moment we are now only receiving child tax credits and child benefit.
I just wondered if any of the previous benefits I have claimed will affect his application for ILR??

My solicitor has said it won't but I have heard from friends that they may ask questions about this.

If any one has advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent help needed please!! ILR

Post by mochyn » Wed May 04, 2011 8:59 am

rukhsana22 wrote:I am a British citizen, my husband is on a spouse visa. He is about to apply for ILR, however I was on maternity leave and claimed Housing Benefit, Work & Child Tax credits. For the past 5 months I have been back to work 20 hours a week. My husband works between 30-35 hours a week.
At the moment we are now only receiving child tax credits and child benefit.
I just wondered if any of the previous benefits I have claimed will affect his application for ILR??

My solicitor has said it won't but I have heard from friends that they may ask questions about this.

If any one has advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
As you are a British citizen YOU are entitled to benefits and as long as you do not claim addotional benefits for your husband then it will not affect his ILR

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Also the Child benefit should be on your name alone and child tax credits should be on joint. Good luck

rukhsana22
Newly Registered

Post by rukhsana22 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:33 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Also the Child benefit should be on your name alone and child tax credits should be on joint. Good luck
HI ferrarilondon thanks for your help can you pls tel me how to find out is that child benefit is just my on name cos as far i remember if thay ask my husband name i wud have give them thaks

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 05, 2011 9:35 am

You should be able to see the name of the person receiving the child benefit on the letter sent to you about your award.

rukhsana22
Newly Registered

Post by rukhsana22 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:18 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:You should be able to see the name of the person receiving the child benefit on the letter sent to you about your award.
Thanks very much for help, really appreciate this.
I found a letter wi my name only it this morning, but i still called the CB office and you can only do a single name anyway. I think we should b ok!

thanks again.