ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any reply from DoJ for Zambrano Stamp Change application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ITGuru
India

Any reply from DoJ for Zambrano Stamp Change application?

Post by ITGuru » Wed May 04, 2011 8:05 am

Any one got any sort of acknowledgemt or reply for their Change of Status (Stamp Change) application to DoJ based on Zambrano judgement. It is almost 2 weeks and till now I havent got a word from the Dept. :cry:

desibuddy

Re: Any reply from DoJ for Zambrano Stamp Change application

Post by desibuddy » Wed May 04, 2011 3:30 pm

ITGuru wrote:Any one got any sort of acknowledgemt or reply for their Change of Status (Stamp Change) application to DoJ based on Zambrano judgement. It is almost 2 weeks and till now I havent got a word from the Dept. :cry:

Same here....... :(

howlong

Post by howlong » Wed May 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Wed May 04, 2011 5:51 pm

How does this answer the question the OP posed? :?:

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Wed May 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Atleast they should send a letter back acknowledging that they got the application and it is under consideration or some thing. May be too much of applications!

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed May 04, 2011 8:51 pm

ITGuru wrote:Any one got any sort of acknowledgemt or reply for their Change of Status (Stamp Change) application to DoJ based on Zambrano judgement. It is almost 2 weeks and till now I havent got a word from the Dept. :cry:
relax. delay might have alot to do with easter holidays(closed good friday till wednesday) and then there was the following bank holiday

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Fri May 06, 2011 11:09 am

walrusgumble wrote:
relax. delay might have alot to do with easter holidays(closed good friday till wednesday) and then there was the following bank holiday
Folks any update from INIS? Seems my patience is running out. :(

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Fri May 06, 2011 11:53 am

desibuddy wrote: Folks any update from INIS? Seems my patience is running out. :(
Nothing for me yet ! Better wait...
Last edited by ITGuru on Sat May 07, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icecoolkk
Newly Registered

Zambrano and stamp 1

Post by icecoolkk » Sat May 07, 2011 4:47 pm

please share understanding on followings;

1. Is here anyone who got reply/acknowledgment from INIS on thier case ? i applied about a month back no reply ??if yes any comments from INIS

3. Do you think that currently people on stanp-1 spousal work permit and father of irish born child qualify under this ruling or this ruling is only meant for people on stamp 2/3?

very confused please help

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sun May 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi icecoolkk,
We sent them some questions regarding the Zambrano case about which we all are concerned about, and on 6th of May they send us the reply stating

" I am directed by the Minister for justice and Equality to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence dated 31/03/2001
All matters relating to your query can be found at www.inis.gov.ie"

That was the two lines reply from them. So all we can do is some more wait.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PB11000004

The above link to inis web site has some answers to our questions which they published on 27th of April 2011.
PIKKA

krispy009
Newly Registered

What is the proceedure to get stamp change.

Post by krispy009 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi, Can you guys tell me the requirements for stamp change based on Zambrano Judgement case, and please let me know where and what application should be submitted to get stamp change.

Many thanks in advance for your information.
Krish

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Wed May 11, 2011 12:01 pm

After trying for long, today i spoke with a lady over phone at INIS. She said that they are flooded with applications and at this point of time she cannot provide any processing time and have to wait for any correspodence from INIS

am disappointed :(

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Thu May 12, 2011 10:52 am

I did send an application early with all other documents to Irish born child unit almost more than one month ago after consultation with immigrant council, ireland. And i think this has been forwarded to INIS Repartition division, because i get back this complete documents with written letter from them stating that the said officer has been directed by Minister to inform me that i have to contact local garda immigration office with these documents to change my stamp status (right to work). So, it is positive step. After have a meeting local immigration office, i will post the outcome. thanks

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 am

Reetu wrote:I did send an application early with all other documents to Irish born child unit almost more than one month ago after consultation with immigrant council, ireland. And i think this has been forwarded to INIS Repartition division, because i get back this complete documents with written letter from them stating that the said officer has been directed by Minister to inform me that i have to contact local garda immigration office with these documents to change my stamp status (right to work). So, it is positive step. After have a meeting local immigration office, i will post the outcome. thanks
that would be good of you if you updated us
peace on you

ITGuru
India

Got Stamp 4 based on Zambrano Judgement

Post by ITGuru » Thu May 12, 2011 5:17 pm

My Status was changed from Stamp 3 to Stamp 4 (3 years). Got a letter from DoJ asking me to go to GNIB, Dublin with the following:

1. My Passport
2. My GNIB card
3. Child's Passport
4. Child's Birth Cert
5. Proof of address.

So I went there with the above and they changed my status to stamp 4.

I submitted my application via Elizabeth Mitrow, Terence Lyons & Co., 4 Arran Quay, Dublin. Ph: 085 123 0133

INIS updated their website basically asking people who are currently residing in Ireland to go to GNIB with the above docs and get Stamp 4.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PB11000004

Extract from above link:
Information specific to persons who have an existing right of residency but wish to have their status upgraded to facilitate full access to employment

Any person who has an existing right of residency in the State, for example on the basis of Stamp 2 (students) or Stamp 3 (spouse or dependant) conditions, who wishes to have their status upgraded, in accordance with the principles of the Zambrano Judgment, to facilitate full access to employment, should attend at their local Garda Registration Office and have the following documentation in their possession:

their own Passport,
their current GNIB Card,
their child's Irish Passport,
their child's Birth Certificate and
documentary evidence of their address in the State.

Where such persons are found to satisfy the Zambrano criteria, then, all other things being equal, their status will be upgraded to Stamp 4 conditions. However, in circumstances where the Garda Registration Office is not satisfied that a person meets the Zambrano criteria, the case will be referred back to the INIS’ Repatriation Division for further examination.
So start job hunting guys!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu May 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks ITGURU, that is very good news
Just I have a question if my wife is depend on me and we have 2 irish born child, will they ask her for me to accompany her or she can go in her own.
Regards,
peace on you

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Thu May 12, 2011 7:01 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Thanks ITGURU, that is very good news
Just I have a question if my wife is depend on me and we have 2 irish born child, will they ask her for me to accompany her or she can go in her own.
Regards,
When I went they didnt ask anything else other than the docs. Since wife is irrelevant in this scenario they should not ask. Depends on the GNIB officer though.

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Thu May 12, 2011 7:34 pm

ITGuru wrote:
Regards,
When I went they didnt ask anything else other than the docs. Since wife is irrelevant in this scenario they should not ask. Depends on the GNIB officer though.
Are there any time (for how long you can get Stamp-4) specified in the letter from DOJ you got? or else is it entirely depend upon local immigration officer.

It is because i have send application directly to IBC unit and i got my documents with the letter asking me to contact local gnib office, but not specified for how long?

thanks

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Thu May 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Reetu wrote: Are there any time (for how long you can get Stamp-4) specified in the letter from DOJ you got? or else is it entirely depend upon local immigration officer.

It is because i have send application directly to IBC unit and i got my documents with the letter asking me to contact local gnib office, but not specified for how long?

thanks
I got Stamp 4 for 3 years. I dont know whether this is the norm. No, they didnt mention anything on the letter regardinghow long the new stamp would be issued. Let us know how many years you got.

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Did they ask for 150 euros. and will you pay another 100 euros for re entry visa

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Thu May 12, 2011 10:39 pm

bugu07 wrote:Did they ask for 150 euros. and will you pay another 100 euros for re entry visa
Yes, I had to pay 150 Euro or the garda card. I am not sure whether I have to pay 100 Euro for the visa as i havent done it yet. Mighe be someone can update.

Is it Irish Born Child's parents doesnt have to pay for the visa? I am not sure. Or is it for people with PR only (Pre Jan 2005) ?

Ayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ayan » Fri May 13, 2011 12:05 am

ITGuru wrote:
Reetu wrote: Are there any time (for how long you can get Stamp-4) specified in the letter from DOJ you got? or else is it entirely depend upon local immigration officer.

thanks
I got Stamp 4 for 3 years. I dont know whether this is the norm. No, they didnt mention anything on the letter regardinghow long the new stamp would be issued. Let us know how many years you got.
IT GURU,

Can you please update that the Zambrano ruling applies to the parent Irish Citizen children in Ireland or the Non EU parent of other Eu national children can benefit from zambrano in Ireland.
I have two sons both are EU citizen but not Irish Citizen, So what do you think about my case.

Thanks in Advance.

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Fri May 13, 2011 8:38 am

Ayan wrote: IT GURU,

Can you please update that the Zambrano ruling applies to the parent Irish Citizen children in Ireland or the Non EU parent of other Eu national children can benefit from zambrano in Ireland.
I have two sons both are EU citizen but not Irish Citizen, So what do you think about my case.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Ayan,
Zambrano ruling would benefit parents of all EU citizen children, but only in the country where the child has citizenship ie Parents o Irish Citizen children would be able to work and start without any restriction in Ireland since they get Stamp 4. Parents of a French / German national would get that privilege in those countries.

So if you your child is not an irish citizen, unfortunately you wouldnt get benefit out of this ruling in ireland as far as the inormation I have. Better contact a solicitor who specialize in Immigration matters.

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Fri May 13, 2011 10:01 am

Reetu wrote:
ITGuru wrote:
Regards,
Are there any time (for how long you can get Stamp-4) specified in the letter from DOJ you got? or else is it entirely depend upon local immigration officer.

thanks
I have got a letter from DOJ today asking me to attend local garda station.I am living in a rural area and the immigration officer is available only next week. so i have to wait.

Meanwhile can someone let me know the duration of stamp 4 who already got their stamp updated.

anyway it's good news. hope people and ireland will have a better future

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Fri May 13, 2011 11:12 am

Do you need letter from DOJ for changing from stamp 3 to stamp 4, or one can go directly to GNIB office?