ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My first tier 2 application, please help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barbie1

My first tier 2 application, please help

Post by barbie1 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:15 pm

After completing my university degree in the UK, I have been on a post-study work permit for 2 years now, due to expire in September this year. I have worked at my current job for almost a year and they are willing to extend my contract and sponsor me to stay and work in the UK.

What criteria do I need to fulfill besides my certificate of sponsorship?
Do I need to have maintenance funds of GBP 800 for a duration of 3 months or will the fact that I've had this employment for over 6 months and proof of salary paid into my bank account suffice?
My initial application might be to stay for another 4 months (sept-dec) and possibly later renew my contract.
Does this mean I have to apply for another visa in dec? How much will tier2 cost me on each occasion?

Provided you have a sponsor and satisfy their conditions, what are the likes the application would be successful? Do they refuse for no reason?

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu May 05, 2011 5:05 pm

It would be good if you give a good read on the rules on tier 2.
However, as a starter, here are some quick answers:

1. Your employer should be on the sponsor list, if not they need to apply to be there. Only then can you apply for tier 2. However you also need to satisfy the salary requirements for your post which you can read in details.

2. If you have worked for more than 6 months, you automatically qualify for RMLT and also the maintenance. Still, if you have been working for more than a year and half now, why take the risk of NOT having the amount in yr bank?

3. Your application will not need to state how many months u need the visa for. The Tier 2 stay of 3 years (i believe) is given out on the basis of yr sponsor giving details of how long the employment contract would be

4. Tier 2 fee - pls check the UKBA site and it gives all these details

5. As long as you satisfy all the Necessary conditions - there shouldnt be any prob at all.

All the best

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I have a barely over 20k annual salary and live on my own so what I get is well gone by the end of the month and I do NOT have any savings.
I am struggling to stay here and fighting for better days...anyways my post study work permit expires in SEPT so I still have time if I want to get GBP 800 from my parents and keep intact in my bank account for 3 months before I apply. I will not have a zero balance when I apply but I am almost certain at some point over a period of 3 months my balance will fall under GBP 800... If this is one of the requirements I will as I do nt want to do anything stupid to risk it but from what I saw they will only ask for my payslips for the past 6 months or so I think?! So if it is as I understand it to be, I should qualify for 30+20 pts without showing proof of the maintenance funds like I did when I applied for post study work permit and had no job!

So will my next visa expire in DEC when my first contract with my sponsor ends and then pending on my status of employment (whether it is renewed or not) extended further? Or will it be granted for 3 years in the first instance? I work for a leading university so I do not think the sponsorship certificate will be a problem...?

Thanks!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:33 pm

forget about what YOU got in you account or whatever.

1) get a COS
2)Apply for a tier 2
3)profit!

find your job title and salary from code of practice (do a search if you dunno what that is), and convince your employer to issue you a cos.

only once you got a cos.. you can apply for tier 2

cheers