ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric letter - help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

randirandy
Newly Registered

biometric letter - help please

Post by randirandy » Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi everyone - I applied to switch from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 1 General under the old points system (prior to April 6) for myself and wife as dependant

we just received the biometrics letter today however -

1) we do not have the option to go to the post office to do the biometric - we went there and they said since we don't have a bar code on the letter we have to go to a HO location. When I called HO today on 2 separate occasions, the first person said that it's random who they assign who can go to post office and who must go to a HO location; the second person said it's because it's a family application (my wife and myself) and only single applicants can do their biometrics at a post office - who is correct?

2) Going on the assumption that I have to go to a HO location, I went online to try an make an appointment - I am based in London, and the 4 locations closest (E&C, Croydon, Brighton, Birmingham) don't have appointments available for the next 3 weeks. I also called the HO appointment phone number and they don't see any family appointments available as of today but to keep calling (and calling) as new slots open up randomly. Given the flood of applications I assume HO received because of the changes, how can I assure myself of getting an appointment in the 15 day time frame? what have people's recent experience been in getting an appointment time-wise?

3) the letter reversed my name i.e. they put my first name as my surname and vice versa (my wife's letter is fine), I have called them to correct this and they said they will resend the letter ASAP but wondering if I can make an appointment (if I manage to get one) while I'm waiting for the letter? i.e. will the case reference number remain the same?

Thanks everyone.

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 am

If one is sole applicant(single but not dependent) then ukba gives option to go to Post office and in your case, you are only option to book appointment one of PEO location to register your biometrics.