ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success for indefinite leave to remain at solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj2146
Newly Registered

Success for indefinite leave to remain at solihull

Post by raj2146 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:20 pm

I have successfully gained indefinite leave to remain at solihull.
I'm on wp + hsmp + tier 1.
the whole experience was smooth. the staff at the solihull was very professional and helful

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 am

Congratulations Raj

could you please let me know the documents you've asked/submitted for...

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Fri May 06, 2011 9:47 am

Congrats on your ILR.

Can you please tell what documents they asked and your experience.

raj2146
Newly Registered

Post by raj2146 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:22 pm

rentmeda wrote:Congrats on your ILR.

Can you please tell what documents they asked and your experience.
12 months bank statements
12 pay slips
life in uk certificate

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat May 07, 2011 11:53 pm

have you not been asked for any P60's..?

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: Success for indefinite leave to remain at solihull

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 10, 2011 1:07 pm

raj2146 wrote:I have successfully gained indefinite leave to remain at solihull.
I'm on wp + hsmp + tier 1.
the whole experience was smooth. the staff at the solihull was very professional and helful
First of all congratulations!

I would really appreciate if you can let me know about whether you had any dependents on your application? also did you book online?

I am having rather strange problem while booking online - if i include my dependents during the process then it shows me that no slots are available but if i book it for my own then there are slots available. Did you happen to see this if you book online and had dependents on the application.

Please let me know

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 1:10 pm

manyaonisland wrote:I am having rather strange problem while booking online - if i include my dependents during the process then it shows me that no slots are available but if i book it for my own then there are slots available.
It isn't strange - slots for single applications are different from slots for family applications. Family application slots are always hard to grab hold of.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 10, 2011 2:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:It isn't strange - slots for single applications are different from slots for family applications. Family application slots are always hard to grab hold of.
Thanks Sushdmehta,

can i book the single appointment just for me and then have dependents on the case?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 3:35 pm

manyaonisland wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:It isn't strange - slots for single applications are different from slots for family applications. Family application slots are always hard to grab hold of.
Thanks Sushdmehta,

can i book the single appointment just for me and then have dependents on the case?
If this were to be allowed, then what would be the point of family appointments? In simple words, no.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Tue May 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi Raj

Thank you for the response Raj. So if my earnings are made up from different sources I will have to submit the payslips/invoices(self-employed) for them. All the earnings are coming into the same bank account.

Moderators can you please update on this.

Thanks

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 10, 2011 5:25 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If this were to be allowed, then what would be the point of family appointments? In simple words, no.
The family appointment would be for the biometric visas where the whole family, or the family members who needs submitting the biometric data needs to be present.

carrspaints
Newly Registered

Any Idea on ILR Processing Time?

Post by carrspaints » Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi everyone, really need some advice here. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to have an ILR application processed? This is for my wife who is Colombian....all of the data we were aksed to submit should tick all of the UK Border Agencies boxes.

The reason I need to know is that we had a holiday already booked prior to applying for ILR. We are supposed to fly out 29th May, we sent off our ILR application next day delivery on the 26th March & received a letter from the UK Border Agency dated 7th April saying they had received and the application had been passed to a case worker.

I am aware that it can take 6-months or so for an ILR application to be processed. Can anyone confirm if 6-months is the norm, or if this can happen within 6-weeks? Really worried as we can't cancel or change holiday - we will lose everything. If anyone has any ideas or experience, I would be grateful to hear. Thanks