ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Dependent Visa - Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mijothomas
Newly Registered

T1 Dependent Visa - Queries

Post by mijothomas » Thu May 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to apply for my son's visa under T1 general migrant dependent category.I have my bank statements from 01-Jan-2011 till 31-March-2011, covering the 3 months as specified in the policy guidance. However I'm planning to apply the visa on May 12, while going through the policy guidance there is a nasty clause which I dont really understand. It says " Personal bank or building society statements covering the three month period immediately before the application. Only the most recent statement must be dated within one month of the date of application"

I'm really confused on this now, should I be waiting for my April months bank statement as well now? My statement should only reach me by May 15 as it takes 2 weeks time for the original statement to reach me.

Please can you help me with some guidance on this?

Thanks,
-Mijo Thomas

tier1_applicant

Re: T1 Dependent Visa - Bank statement duration

Post by tier1_applicant » Thu May 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Yes. Your statements must not be more than one month old else you will have problems.
In this case you need April month statements.

mijothomas
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa-Fund Maintenance

Post by mijothomas » Sun May 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to apply for my son's dependent visa under T1 general category. I have a question towards fund maintenance.I'm residing in UK for the past 24 months or so, and my wife also holds a T1 general migrant dependent visa. Now when I apply a dependent visa for my son(just for him, and not for my spouse as she already have the dependent visa), is it sufficient that I maintain £533 for the past 3 months? Or should I be maintaining £533 for each dependent, regardless whether I'm applying visa for them?

Thanks,
-Mijo Thomas

mijothomas
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa-Bank statements

Post by mijothomas » Sun May 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to submit my bank statements which are received from my bank towards fund maintenance evidence.I lost one of the bank statements during my maintenance period, and I have requested my bank to provide a duplicate copy of the same. I have received it and it's almost similar to the original one, it's on the bank stationery carrying the bank logo etc. However I noticed that the monthly statements I used to receive from my bank is on white paper, however the duplicate statement is having an off white colour.There is no remarkable difference, except a slight change in the colour. Will this become an issue while applying for the visa? Has anyone previously been rejected because of this?

Thanks,
-Mijo Thomas

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Dependent Visa-Bank statements

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

However I noticed that the monthly statements I used to receive from my bank is on white paper, however the duplicate statement is having an off white colour.There is no remarkable difference, except a slight change in the colour. Will this become an issue while applying for the visa? Has anyone previously been rejected because of this?

You stand the risk of worrying yourself to death because of paper colours mate!

Take some time out and read the policy guidance so that you can sleep easy :)

If the statements are original and have the bank logo, then there won't be issues.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart