ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Tier 1 (general) still open??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Is Tier 1 (general) still open??

Post by 9603196090 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:44 am

Dear all,

I want to switch my current immigration category which is Tier 1 (Post Study) valid until 28/06/11 to Tier 1 (general). Just wondering what are the various options available to me including Tier 1 (general). Does anybody know any good SOLICITOR who can handle my situation smartly. Currently I am living in London.

Thank you,

Best Regards!!!!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Is Tier 1 (general) still open??

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 am

9603196090 wrote:Dear all,

I want to switch my current immigration category which is Tier 1 (Post Study) valid until 28/06/11 to Tier 1 (general). Just wondering what are the various options available to me including Tier 1 (general). Does anybody know any good SOLICITOR who can handle my situation smartly. Currently I am living in London.

Thank you,

Best Regards!!!!
Tier 1(General) is now closed!

Tier2(General) is your option if the sponsor is willing to sponsor you and you have worked for them 6months (to avoid RLMT)

Tier4 : Go back to Student Visa

Leave the UK

Post by 9603196090 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:43 am

Tier2(General) is your option if the sponsor is willing to sponsor you and you have worked for them 6months (to avoid RLMT)

Leave the UK
Thanks a lot for your reply!!!

The reason why I was a bit wondered because UKBA hasn't updated their website and according to it one can still apply for Tier 1 (general).
Thanks anyway!!!
Regards!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Applying wrote:If you are outside the UK, or in the UK under a different immigration category, you cannot apply to Tier 1 (General).

To find out whether you can make an application under Tier 1 (General), see the Eligibility pages.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm

9603196090 wrote:

Leave the UK
Thanks a lot for your reply!!!

The reason why I was a bit wondered because UKBA hasn't updated their website and according to it one can still apply for Tier 1 (general).
Thanks anyway!!!
Regards!
UKBA has updated and already on theri website, that you cannot apply Tier 1 from a different category, you can only extend it as sushdmehta stated.

The link is there as well in the above bost! (Applying)

Post by 9603196090 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:47 am

UKBA has updated and already on theri website, that you cannot apply Tier 1 from a different category, you can only extend it as sushdmehta stated.

I have just checked UKBA website and according to that one is eligible to switch to TIER 1 (GENERAL) category from Highly Skilled Working (HSW) status and Post Study comes under this category as far as I believe....could you please double check this?

My question is that: Does post study work visa falls under Highly skilled work category or not??

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat May 07, 2011 1:51 am

9603196090 wrote:

I have just checked UKBA website and according to that one is eligible to switch to TIER 1 (GENERAL) category from Highly Skilled Working (HSW) status and Post Study comes under this category as far as I believe....could you please double check this?

My question is that: Does post study work visa falls under Highly skilled work category or not??
You cannot apply from PSW to Tier1(General), it is now closed. You must have read HSMP which is the predecessor of Tier1(General) only those people can, this is what UKBA might have been talking about on their website!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 07, 2011 3:34 pm

9603196090 wrote:My question is that: Does post study work visa falls under Highly skilled work category or not??
If you look at this webpage, you'll note that Highly Skilled Workers - "Tier 1 (General)" is a separate category from "Post-study workers".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!