ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance and Accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Maintenance and Accommodation

Post by returntotheuk » Fri May 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Moderators,

I have been fixated in thinking that our savings are so important when it comes to applying for wife's settlement visa. I have also got in my head that a full time job also was important rather just looking at whether our income and savings is enough to support us.

However, it now seems to me that a combination of a salary, savings, accommodation etc which is enough to support us without "recourse to public funds" should be enough to satisfy the ECO on the "Maintenance and Accommodation" part of the settlement visa application?

Would appreciate confirmation?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat May 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Yes a regular income or substantial savings, adequate accommodation for your family and even a job offer if possible should be enough to meet the requirements.