ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull PEO - WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ksenia
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Solihull PEO - WP

Post by Ksenia » Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Hello all,

I'd like to thank this forum for being so helpful and supportive, its been such a great source of information!
Today I finally got my ILR. My application was based on 5yrs WP. Booked an appointment for 9am at Solihull, arrived there 20 min earlier,went through security checks & got my ticket. In about 15 min my number was called. The caseworker looked through my application and asked to give her the following docs:

Passports
Letter from employer
Life in the UK certificate
3 months payslips
Police registration
Cover letter from my solicitor

And that's it! Didn't ask for P60s, bank statements,contracts and all other papers i brought with me!
My concern was that my employer didn't mention in the letter SOC for my job title, but the caseworker didn't ask anything.
She's done her checks which took about 15-20 min, then said that she was happy with my application and that I could go and pay and then should wait for 1.5hrs. At 10.40am I got my passport with ILR in it.

I could not believe how smooth it went, not what i expected at all!! Stuff in Solihull was great, very welcoming.

I wish all the best to everyone who is due to apply for ILR and will be more than happy to answer to any queries.

Best regards
Ksenia

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri May 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Congratulations....

VoipGuru
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Solihull PEO - WP

Post by VoipGuru » Sat May 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Ksenia wrote:Hello all,

I'd like to thank this forum for being so helpful and supportive, its been such a great source of information!
Today I finally got my ILR. My application was based on 5yrs WP. Booked an appointment for 9am at Solihull, arrived there 20 min earlier,went through security checks & got my ticket. In about 15 min my number was called. The caseworker looked through my application and asked to give her the following docs:

Passports
Letter from employer
Life in the UK certificate
3 months payslips
Police registration
Cover letter from my solicitor

And that's it! Didn't ask for P60s, bank statements,contracts and all other papers i brought with me!
My concern was that my employer didn't mention in the letter SOC for my job title, but the caseworker didn't ask anything.
She's done her checks which took about 15-20 min, then said that she was happy with my application and that I could go and pay and then should wait for 1.5hrs. At 10.40am I got my passport with ILR in it.

I could not believe how smooth it went, not what i expected at all!! Stuff in Solihull was great, very welcoming.

I wish all the best to everyone who is due to apply for ILR and will be more than happy to answer to any queries.

Best regards
Ksenia
Congrats to your ILR.

Please let me know When we need "Police registration".

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Success at Solihull PEO - WP

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 07, 2011 4:54 pm

VoipGuru wrote:Please let me know When we need "Police registration".
Read Part 10 and Appendix 2.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sat May 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Hello Ksenia,

did you had any dependents on your application? also did you book online?

I have the question on that. If I have two dependents and i am booking online then do i have to include them on the appointment? My dependents are wife and 2 yr child. Do they have to be there during the appointment? i am bit worried to take my wife and child to appointment as one do not know how long it will take and from child perspective it all will be very boring so can i put them on the appointment while booking but then not take then at actual time.

Please let me know

Regards,
Amey..

savita
Newly Registered

Post by savita » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 am

Hi,

Can you please tell me why you needed Police registration and Covering letter from my solicitor?

Many Thanks
Savita

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Ksenia wrote:
Letter from employer

3 months payslips

Ksenia
how much is your salary when apply
how much salary was mention on your employer letter

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:12 pm

tariqul5000, people may be hesitant to disclose such personal details on a public forum. Suggest that you use PM to enquire about such personal details.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:30 pm

sushdmehta wrote:tariqul5000, people may be hesitant to disclose such personal details on a public forum. Suggest that you use PM to enquire about such personal details.
how can I do PM. THAX FOR THE SUGGESTION

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:37 pm

genious

Post by genious » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 pm

can you post template of your employer letter and cover letter.

thanks

cankbs11
Newly Registered

Post by cankbs11 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 pm

congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Ksenia
Newly Registered

Post by Ksenia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:07 pm

savita wrote:Hi,

Can you please tell me why you needed Police registration and Covering letter from my solicitor?

Many Thanks
Savita
Im from one of those countries, that have to register with the police when arriving to the UK. Regarding a covering letter from a solicitor- its optional, you don't have to have it. My solicitor wrote explanation of my case in it and the list of all documents we had on file, that's all.

Best regards,
Ksenia

Ksenia
Newly Registered

Post by Ksenia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:10 pm

cankbs11 wrote:congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, its been 2 months since i got ilr, but im still over the moon:))

Ksenia
Newly Registered

Post by Ksenia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 pm

genious wrote:can you post template of your employer letter and cover letter.

thanks
i've used template from the Sticky (the one posted by sushdmehta). But if you'd still like me to email it to you, i can.

best regards,
ksenia