ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension in person at CRROYDON refused but kept docs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cruzez

Tier 1 extension in person at CRROYDON refused but kept docs

Post by cruzez » Sat May 07, 2011 8:37 am

Hi there, I desperately need advise, where I am standing now.

My extension refused based on fact that I didnt maintain £800 for 90 days.

"case worker said she was almost granted visa same day, but I only maintained funds for 89 days :("

I made major error in my bank statements, I submitted 2 bank statements
1. 12 months where salary deposited HSBC
2. 3 months funds BARCLAYS. from feb4 till may 3rd ( didnt realise its under 90 days)

On 4th feb I transfered £800 from HSBC savings to HSBC current and then trnafered to Barclays.

But Between 31st Jan till 4th Feb in HSBC current I only had £400 and in Barclays £60. So she picked up on that and refused visa. I tried to explain to her that in HSBC there is a statement says TFR with account name deposited £800 belongs to my savings. But she said i didn't submit Svaings statements so she cant grant me visa. and gave me a letter. I even requested her just give 5 minutes so that i can go to bank get bank statements. This is ridiculous on the day I went for interview I had about £7000 in my bank but only submitted statements untill 3rd of mya.

She told me send savings bank staments before my application goes to refusal team on monday. Advised me i have very little window of opportunity to send all and as much documents as possible.
She confirmed me all other documents looks clean but will do further verification again.(May be I had few self emp earnings, they are solid proof).

The letter doesn't say anything in perticular, " holding documents for further verificattion". Thats it.

I went to bank got statements and sent to peo refusal, Croydon.

That was my story Please anybody could tell me where do i stand now? Will I get an appeal its so frustrating despite having loads of money I failed to prove funds for 3 months...

If I hav sumbitted Savings statements I would have been safe. or If I hav submitted All statemnts until 5th May rather 3rd May I would have been safe. But I didnt do it :((((

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat May 07, 2011 9:22 am

I think you are lucky that your application wasn't rejected. She's done you a favour by holding your documents for verification which effectvily gives you time to submit your other bak statement.

Only thing is, did she ask you to send additional bank statements to refusal team? If yes then you're safe (unless some other issues occur).
Goodluck.

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Sat May 07, 2011 9:37 am

[iD] wrote:I think you are lucky that your application wasn't rejected. She's done you a favour by holding your documents for verification which effectvily gives you time to submit your other bak statement.

Only thing is, did she ask you to send additional bank statements to refusal team? If yes then you're safe (unless some other issues occur).
Yes she asked me to send Refusal team. at Peo Refusal, UKBA Lunar House, 40 Wellesley road, Croydon.

But she warned me My additional documents should reach them before my enitre application reaches them. How do I do that this department is within same building so they must have sent my documents immediately. While I have sent next day delivery mean wont reach them until Monday 9:00 Am. Looks like race againist time..

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Sat May 07, 2011 9:50 am

My visa expires on 16th May, some one told me that in worse case scenario if they reject my visa before it expires or even on 16th May, I wont get an appeal. That means I have no choice but to leave the country. Is that true?

koalachan
Newly Registered

Post by koalachan » Sat May 07, 2011 10:18 am

i submitted all my documents for my tier 1 general extension on thursday (4/5/2011) in croydon but the officer on the counter asked me to come back next day or mon after 2 pm.....what's the point of me paying same day service? i have just realised i might be refused! ...as i submitted all my 11 current bank statements (natwest)...but not the april-may 2011 statements as for some reasons, i havent received it yet ...i think the royal mail has lost it or whatever due to april bank holidays...normally i receive my statement around end of month........anyways, i went to natwest to print for me however no name or address on the statement but there was a natwest logo....the printout is from dec 2010 to present..they just stamped and initialled for me saying it's a true and original copy.....i am fully aware of the presence of name, address, logo blah blah according to the regulations.....but i hope the caseworker will use their professional discretion on this as the input of all my salaries on the printout (oct 2010 to present) are definitely colloborating with the 11 original bank statements i have submitted.....as for maintenance fund, i also used the same statements above........i deliberately setup this natwest current bank account a year ago solely for my tier 1 extension (salary and maintenance fund) and i never withdraw any cash from this account before....so the bank statements are very clean and simple so that the caseworker has no difficult time looking and investigating.... basically just input of my salary......i should have submitted my other latest Hsbc account or santander statements ie april - present just for the maintenance fund...stupid me!...anyways, wish me luck!

koalachan
Newly Registered

Post by koalachan » Sat May 07, 2011 10:25 am

cruzez: my visa expires on 15 may 2011....but am not sure about the appeal .....as for now i really hope they will approve my visa......if refused, i think i will ask for solicitor to help me.....as i dont want to take no risk!

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Sat May 07, 2011 10:40 am

koalachan wrote:cruzez: my visa expires on 15 may 2011....but am not sure about the appeal .....as for now i really hope they will approve my visa......if refused, i think i will ask for solicitor to help me.....as i dont want to take no risk!
Regarding print out bank statements, its fine. I have print outs too from April 28 2011 untill 3rd May 2011. They have accepted mine. I have done like this before had no touble, as long as you at least one statement covers full details of your name ect...

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Sat May 07, 2011 10:43 am

I wish you good luck, whish me luck too ... is it posible to get your number want to keep in touch coz it looks we both in same boat.

If thats okey with you send me ur mob no. to cruzez@googlemail.com

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Fri May 13, 2011 8:57 pm

I finally managed to get my visa extension.
Letter and all documents and passport received today stating biometric will be sent in 7 working days.

Thats my case 5 jobs changed in last 12 months and self employment (35% of earnings showed here)..

I also received some of their papers wheere they calculated my age qualification, earnings etc..

They have given me 20 points for age don't why I only mentioned for 10 points.

For earning total income I mentioned £29,500 but according to their calculations they given me 35points and £33,000..
Maintainance Zero coz I only showed 89 days,

Plus Traffic offences all sorts inlcuding no insurance etc and disqualification, and biometric given to police, despite all this they issued me in 7 working days... I am well realxed :)

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sat May 14, 2011 11:11 pm

one thing i just never understand and i see this time and time again and that is people applying for Tier 1 seem to ALWAYS apply with the absolute minimum requirement.

what i mean is that if they need 90 days maintenance requirement of £800 people submit 90 or 91 days with £801 in their accounts. You know if you are gonna apply like that and you get refused because you messed up a day here or there then you kind of got to look back at yourself and say ' am i not an idiot?'

why not just have a buffer, you know have extra money in your account and extra statements like 4 or 5 months maintenance, then the case worker will look at your application and not even question anything or look for mistakes or faults to refuse your applications.

your are tier 1 you should be able to have more than £800 in an account not so?? now i am not directing this at the original poster necessarily but rather the heaps of applicants who keep getting refused cos they applying with the ABSOLUTE minimum requirements.

I see stories, arrrrhhh I had £800 on Monday then i drew £20 and deposited £40 back the same day and now they refused my application cos it was £780 temporarily and the £40 was only credited the next day blah blah blah!! You know you just got to be an idiot if you are playing with your extension by the skin of your teeth. For bloody sake just put £2000 in your account rather than £800 and then you will never have problems with your application. The case worker will also look at it and think ' ok this guy has more than enough money', and not look for faults.

Anyways this is just something I have noticed over the many months, and I genuinely dont feel pity for anyone who gets refused cos they went on the absolute min requirements!!

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sun May 15, 2011 7:17 pm

mtuckersa wrote:one thing i just never understand and i see this time and time again and that is people applying for Tier 1 seem to ALWAYS apply with the absolute minimum requirement.
Hear, hear ...

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:49 pm

They have given me 20 points for age don't why I only mentioned for 10 points.
Because after Apr 06, 2011, applicant will get age points as of his initial T1 approval. It is not the current age anymore.
Same point you got for your first grant, will be considered for all extensions.

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Mon May 16, 2011 12:52 am

Message to mtuckersa:

I agree 100% what you saying. going with absolute minimum requirements stupid. Well people tend to make silly mistakes and I did too, not taking savings statements where I had 5 times more than £800, but stupidly opened another account and transferred just £800 into it to make 3 months. But again didn't realise Feb has only 28 days. And to my stupidity I toook statements 4 days before not day before appointment :( I was shocked when she said refuse me on maintainance which was least of my worries. Coz I had much bigger worry on Driving disqualification and earnings which was again i had just few pennies over earning Band.

But any way I got lucky she gave me 2nd chance and got approved. :)