ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help, How long before i receive passport back after request?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tunde10

Help, How long before i receive passport back after request?

Post by tunde10 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:40 am

Hi everyone, i have recently applied for settlement in the UK using the hpdl for as i had discretional leave to remain. However i have just found out this is the incorrect form and i was supposed to use the flr(o) form. My current status expires on 21st of May 2011 and i am keen to get the application in on time so my decision is not delayed

Anyway what i wanted to know is how long it generally takes after i phone home office and request my document back so i can include these documents in my new application. I will explain to them the situation but i am very worried if i would receive the document back in time.

Any advice from knowledgable people on this case would be greatly appreciated. thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun May 08, 2011 4:39 pm

I picked this up from ILR forum but it has since then been moved here, so I will not follow up with any more responses.

You should get your documents quite quickly, usually takes up to 5 working days.

All the best

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Help, How long before i receive passport back after requ

Post by Greenie » Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm

tunde10 wrote:Hi everyone, i have recently applied for settlement in the UK using the hpdl for as i had discretional leave to remain. However i have just found out this is the incorrect form and i was supposed to use the flr(o) form. My current status expires on 21st of May 2011 and i am keen to get the application in on time so my decision is not delayed

Anyway what i wanted to know is how long it generally takes after i phone home office and request my document back so i can include these documents in my new application. I will explain to them the situation but i am very worried if i would receive the document back in time.

Any advice from knowledgable people on this case would be greatly appreciated. thanks
who told you that HPDL is the wrong form and why?

for what reason were you granted discretionary leave and was this following refusal of an asylum claim?

andsyl
Newly Registered

Post by andsyl » Sun May 08, 2011 5:11 pm

tunde10 wrote:Hi everyone, i have recently applied for settlement in the UK using the hpdl for as i had discretional leave to remain. However i have just found out this is the incorrect form and i was supposed to use the flr(o) form. My current status expires on 21st of May 2011 and i am keen to get the application in on time so my decision is not delayed

When you called the UKBA they should have told you how long it will take to get your documents back.

I made an application for ILR and later wanted my application to be withdrawn. I contacted and wrote to UKBA and they told me it will take 15 working days and I received my passport exactly at the end of the 3 weeks period.

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:59 pm

andsyl wrote:

When you called the UKBA they should have told you how long it will take to get your documents back.

I made an application for ILR and later wanted my application to be withdrawn. I contacted and wrote to UKBA and they told me it will take 15 working days and I received my passport exactly at the end of the 3 weeks period.
hi thanks for te response everyone. I heard from my sister that it the wrong application as she did a similar one through a lawyer. Also i read on this forum about other people that used the hpdl form having application sent back as invalid and told to reapply with flr(o) form.
i am not sure what basis i received discretional leave as i was 15 when application was made on behalf of me. However i know i did not apply thru asylum which is what is hphl form is for im told.
i will confirm with them tomorrow before i have my document sent back. thanks again

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Yes HPDL is the wrong form if you didn't get DL following a refused asylum claim.

You might risk not getting the documents back in time before your leave expires. Rather than request your documents back you can submit an FLR(O) form and ask them to consider it alongside the evidence you already submitted.

You said you applied for settlement using form HPDL? How long have you had Discretionary Leave for? You will only get settlement if you have completed 6 years discretionary leave. If this is the case you should be submitting form SET(O) and not FLR(O).

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Greenie wrote:Yes HPDL is the wrong form if you didn't get DL following a refused asylum claim.

You might risk not getting the documents back in time before your leave expires. Rather than request your documents back you can submit an FLR(O) form and ask them to consider it alongside the evidence you already submitted.

You said you applied for settlement using form HPDL? How long have you had Discretionary Leave for? You will only get settlement if you have completed 6 years discretionary leave. If this is the case you should be submitting form SET(O) and not FLR(O).
yes i have completed 6yrs discretional leave. Does that mean i should be using SET(o)? Also are u suggesting i should send the application without my passport or immigration documents and explain in a letter that they already have it? again, thanks for your help

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:07 pm

i have also just realised i need to take the life in the uk test and submit with my application. i will have to call my local test centre and book the appointment. I really wish i had found this website sooner and got advice from here.
anyway i have no room for error as i have to past this test on 1st attempt. thats should be fine as i have lived in the uk over 10yrs now and i heard the test has a high pass rate.