ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - listing all absences from UK in last 5 years question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobblebeanie
Newly Registered

ILR - listing all absences from UK in last 5 years question

Post by bobblebeanie » Sun May 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi - hoping someone can help - I'm applying for ILR and am going through the process of checking my travel history for the last five years to fill in section 6.2 (list all absences from UK and give reason why). There are at least three occasions where my passport only shows I have been stamped out of the UK or stamped back into the UK, but not both. These are all very straightforward trips for friend's weddings in Europe or holiday to South Africa. Will this be an issue? I can only assume that the immigration officer didn't stamp my passport. I can provide evidence of travel in the form of electronic ticket purchases etc. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun May 08, 2011 8:48 pm

In the UK, they dont stamp on exit - its well known but many realize this only when they actually sit and look at their passports - so this is never going to be an issue. They only stamp when you enter after standing in those long queues!
As you exit the UK, wherever you go, the country you enter will always place an entry stamp and thats what is counted by the UKBA. So just know your dates and mention the date you were stamped in at any country and it should be fine :-)

Also note the day you leave and enter are not counted by the UK. For example, if you left early morning on a Saturday and returned on a late Sunday evening, it will be counted as ZERO days outside of the UK - you dont need to explicitly mention this, they just disregard those days

All the best
KP

bobblebeanie
Newly Registered

Post by bobblebeanie » Sun May 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks for your help - there's still one that worries me - i went to croatia for a week for a wedding/holiday and i have no reentry stamp - even though I came back to the UK and definitely went through passport control. Will this be a problem?

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Sun May 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Shouldn't be, as long as you truthfully list all trips out of the UK.

I've posted [part of my] experience here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#485824
bobblebeanie wrote:Thanks for your help - there's still one that worries me - i went to croatia for a week for a wedding/holiday and i have no reentry stamp - even though I came back to the UK and definitely went through passport control. Will this be a problem?

bobblebeanie
Newly Registered

Post by bobblebeanie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:00 pm

thanks both for your help.much appreciated.