ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) Application Declared Invalid

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AJBliss
Newly Registered

FLR(m) Application Declared Invalid

Post by AJBliss » Sun May 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Hope I can make this brief! My visa expired on 15th April. I paid for and submitted the online application on 5th April. I have just received a letter stating that my application is invalid due to paying the incorrect amount and that a fresh application must be made. I paid the amount due on 5th April, and it was taken from my account on the same day. The supporting documents were posted on 18th April (I think, still have receipt somewhere), as I did not have a document checklist until the online application was submitted and had to order bank statements which took two weeks to arrive.

What do I do now? Submit a second application and pay a second time? I suppose I am now technically overstaying, eek! Where do I stand on a refund of my original payment? As a new mum on maternity leave, it's a lot of money to simply kiss goodbye without a fight. I don't see how it can be considered invalid if I paid the only amount available to select on the day... I phoned the help line couldn't get any sense out of them as to who to speak to about this, and of course the letter didn't give me anything except the ukba home page for contact info. Thanks!

elv15

Post by elv15 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 am

My application was returned as invalid 4 months after my visa had expired, they sent me a refund a few days later, my lawyer immediately sent a new application with new payment explaing everything that had happend etc and i was issued spouse visa within a month.
What visa are you on and which one are you applying for?

AJBliss
Newly Registered

Post by AJBliss » Mon May 09, 2011 10:46 am

Thank you, I'm on a spousal visa and this will be my third two-year extension. I've not really encountered any problems before this throughout my fiancee visa and the ensuing extensions. :)

elv15

Post by elv15 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:12 am

Out of intrest, why are you not applying for Indefinate leave to remain?

AJBliss
Newly Registered

Post by AJBliss » Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

We originally intended to return to the states (my husband is a dual citizen), but haven't gotten around to it yet. I figured I'd apply for ILR this time, but the only appointments I could get locally to take the life in the uk test were well after my expiry date!