ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problems with getting reference number after Credit Card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alisondc

Problems with getting reference number after Credit Card

Post by alisondc » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:59 pm

Is anyone else having problems with processing. My HSMP was Fed Ex'd and signed for in Doncaster on 10 April. My credit card was charged on 13 April, but i still haven't been assigned a reference number. As it has been over a week since my credit card was charged, i called today to see if there was a reference number. According to the Home Office there is a backlog of roughly 3,000 applications and the best they could tell me was to ring up daily until it was put in the system.

All very frustrating and I was wondering if others were having similar issues.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Happens sometimes, I know how hard it can be, but the only advise I can give you is to have patience. At least the application processing times have improved. If your card has been charged, then your application is with the HO and that way you are assured. Even a couple of years back the waiting periods used to be 8 months and there was no concept of a reference number being mailed to the applicant.

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:24 pm

Just an update, my reference number was processed today! Now I just need to wait for review results. Hopefully it will be as quick as some of the others on this board.

This board has been extremely helpful.

dknov007
Newly Registered

Sending docs

Post by dknov007 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to ask you did you use courier services when sending your docs? If so, did you call Doncaster offices before that to notify them that you're sending your docs with a courier?

I am asking because in HSMP Guadance document it is said that you should call them in advance if you're planning to use courier services for sending (not receiving, which is a separate issue) your docs.

Thanks,
David

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:51 pm

I used FedEx to deliver my application but hadn't notified Doncaster in advance. I think part of the delay in charging card and getting a reference number was the Easter holidays and staff being out of the office.

I highly recommend using a courier service because I was able to track the package and know that it had been delivered. Also, when i called to check, they asked me to fax them the confirmation. It was about 4 x's the cost of regular post, but considering it was original tax information and my diplomas i felt it was worth the cost.