ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Agreement asked by a consultanant

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ritu
Newly Registered

Agreement asked by a consultanant

Post by ritu » Tue May 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi
I started job search last week.I am on Tier1 visa.I was approached by 1 job consultant asking that he will be register me in a couple of job sites and search for relevant jobs.He told it is free of cost but he asked me to sign a agreement for the same.Is it a normal scenario in UK.Can we believe on such consultants?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Agreement asked by a consultanant

Post by terriblescream » Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 pm

ritu wrote:Hi
I started job search last week.I am on Tier1 visa.I was approached by 1 job consultant asking that he will be register me in a couple of job sites and search for relevant jobs.He told it is free of cost but he asked me to sign a agreement for the same.Is it a normal scenario in UK.Can we believe on such consultants?
Never heard of such thing signing an agreement for job search, you can register yourself you don't need a consultant for that! There are plenty of job websites around, register, and the consultants will then call you but until you have the contract no signing ;)

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 pm

No, firstly it's not normal and you don't need to have an agreement for any consultant to find you a job. The only agreement that you have to make from time to time is that you will not divulge the details of a specific job to other consultants - other than that, you shouldn't have to sign any contract other than the one when you got the job.

Aani

Post by Aani » Wed May 11, 2011 11:46 am

Hello,

Never entertain these consultants over phone nor go for such type of agreements. There will be hidden charges for sure. If you register yourself in Monster, jobserve, jobsite etc that will suffice.

Wish you good luck.

Regards,
Aani

haritagepoint
Newly Registered

Post by haritagepoint » Thu May 12, 2011 8:50 am

Never heard such a thing to sign an agreement for job search, you can register yourself you do not need a consultant for this! There are plenty of sites around the log and then the consultants called, but before you sign the agreement