ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Citizenship, irish/british Goodfriday Agreement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Dual Citizenship, irish/british Goodfriday Agreement

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:15 pm

i want to know regarding mccarthy case, what happen to the northern ireland people who can choose which country they wish to belong and the agreement between uk an irish regarding there citizenship. mostly all nothern goes to ireland some stay more than three month and come back to the north, most live in the two countries, how can they say they are not exercising treaty right. i know of many that will say they are not british and they were born in the north and can claim both countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_Northern_Ireland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Agreement

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:58 pm

If the judgement of mccarthy was right, that means anyone from northern ireland cannot exercise there treaty right in United Kingdom and Repulblic of Ireland, both country will say they are citizens, that means they have to move to the third eu country, i think this is wrong, a condition that can never be right by the judgement. I want we all to look into this. That means as a dual national you cannot exercise your right in the dual country you are national you have to move to the third eu country, this is a very big condition on the right of free movement and i think lawyers can use this against the judgement. They are actually saying you cant exercise your right in the countries you have the dual nationality, that you have to move to the third Eu country. what a joke, this is against McCarthy human right for giving her condition to move to a third country to exercise her right, they should have simple say, she has not been a worker in her life, but i think she has one time been a student.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 am

rachellynn1972 wrote:If the judgement of mccarthy was right, that means anyone from northern ireland cannot exercise there treaty right in United Kingdom and Repulblic of Ireland, both country will say they are citizens, that means they have to move to the third eu country, i think this is wrong, a condition that can never be right by the judgement. I want we all to look into this. That means as a dual national you cannot exercise your right in the dual country you are national you have to move to the third eu country, this is a very big condition on the right of free movement and i think lawyers can use this against the judgement. They are actually saying you cant exercise your right in the countries you have the dual nationality, that you have to move to the third Eu country. what a joke, this is against McCarthy human right for giving her condition to move to a third country to exercise her right, they should have simple say, she has not been a worker in her life, but i think she has one time been a student.
You raise a number of important points here, Now that the UK authorities
have the green light to deport Mrs McCarty family, her only option
to maintain and enjoy her family life is to follow on-board on the
deportation flight.

As regards the requirement to be employed, self-employed studying, or self-sufficient (exercise treaty right)
As far as i know, this requirement only exists for 5 years. not your entire life. As you said she has one time been a student.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:44 am

What about her article 8, if her other country that she is a national say the same thing, well the requirement is just having £3000 in her account or renouncing one of your nationality or work lesser than £100 a week, at least from 2004 to now her situation would have change. Even people that has no child or spouse in this country uses article 8, right to family life and they can stay. we read it everyday in the news. She is a dual citizen and has long as her husband have stay in this country for that very long time, it is against her human right to seperate her family. This is an advice to european, remain in the status of permanent residence, dont request or aquire the country you are exercising your right citizenship, maintain your children to only hold your real country citizen, there is no right to free movement in Europe if your countries cannot allow you and your family to leave together. But an advice, working for only 2yrs is enough.