ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

desperately needing your advice on tier2 visa funding

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daktara
Newly Registered

desperately needing your advice on tier2 visa funding

Post by daktara » Tue May 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Here is my situation, I'm a surgeon and I've got a job offer in uk, I've been in the uk for 10 months back in 2004 and again for three visits (a week each) in the last 6 months, all of these visits were on the visitor visa.

Now I'm applying for he tier 2 visa however I have the 800 gbp requirement but unfortunately it is just 1 week old however I have a proxy to my mother's account with full access (withdraw or deposit).

The question here can I apply with my mother's account (which contain more money and for a longer period and bank letter stating that I have full access to the account) together with my bank balance provided that I will book the accommodation and provide an evidence for that?

Please someone help me with that and many thanks in advance.

yeeha
Newly Registered

Post by yeeha » Wed May 11, 2011 2:31 am

Provided that it is a joint-account, meaning to say both your name and your mother's name are clearly stated on the passbook/ statement.

daktara
Newly Registered

Post by daktara » Fri May 13, 2011 10:49 pm

No It is not a joint account ... but as I said I'll be having a full unrestricted access to the account either to deposit or withdraw ... so will the ukba consider that I've been in the uk for so many times during which I didn't seek work or ask for public funds?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 am

I think the consulate would insist the bank account had your name on it. So, at the moment, you can't meet the maintenance funds requirement. Perhaps your sponsor could verify your maintenance funds?