ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship through spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ding
Newly Registered

citizenship through spouse

Post by ding » Tue May 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi every one,

Just wanted to know when can I apply for citizenship?I got my ILR on the 24 may 2010 through a spouse visa.I entered the England on the 17th June 2008 on the same spousal visa.

Your thoughts are really welcome.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 10, 2011 9:57 pm

You should be eligible to apply for Naturalisation after 3 years stay in UK ( providing fulfilling all other requirements ) so apply after 17th June 2011

ding
Newly Registered

Post by ding » Tue May 10, 2011 10:00 pm

thanks alot ferrarilondon for your prompt reply.much appreciated.your advice is noted.i will meet all other requirement.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Assuming that you're the spouse of a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saleemiqbal67
Newly Registered

Post by saleemiqbal67 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Hello people,

I have a similar query. I have ILR and have been in the UK three years (which include 2 year settlement visa + 1 year with ILR) I have never left the UK. Can i apply for British Nationality or do i need to wait for more 2 years as i only received my ILR last year.

Does the 3 years start from date you entered the UK or date you got your ILR?

Please help

thank

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 pm

saleemiqbal67 wrote:Hello people,

I have a similar query. I have ILR and have been in the UK three years (which include 2 year settlement visa + 1 year with ILR) I have never left the UK. Can i apply for British Nationality or do i need to wait for more 2 years as i only received my ILR last year.

Does the 3 years start from date you entered the UK or date you got your ILR?

Please help

thank
u can get ur answer from following
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Fri May 13, 2011 9:07 am

@saleemiqbal67 yes u are eligible for naturalization if you have been living in the UK for 3yrs....3yrs counts from the day you entered the UK thats if you are married to a BC