ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent gelp!! waiting more than 4 weeks after biometric

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam2011
Newly Registered

Urgent gelp!! waiting more than 4 weeks after biometric

Post by sam2011 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:30 pm

I have applied for my PSW Visa more than 6 weeks and I have done my biometric on 13th of april. in the UKBA says they will decide 75% of the application within 4 weeks. my application is straightforward I dont know why takes that long. does anyone apply at the same time got the visa or still waiting like me.
Also shall I ring them or wait as I have job interview next week and ask for my passport

thank you
Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent gelp!! waiting more than 4 weeks after biometric

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 2:39 pm

sam2011 wrote:in the UKBA says they will decide 75% of the application within 4 weeks.
Clearly your application isn't within that 75%! No one but the caseworker assigned to your application can tell you how long it will take to decide your application.
sam2011 wrote:does anyone apply at the same time got the visa or still waiting like me.
Browse application processing times and post in this topic.

The only way you can ask for your passport back is by withdrawing your application.
If your (potential) employer needs to enquire about your right to work, then as an interim measure, they can call Sponsorship and employers' helpline.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!