ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harsha1970
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension

Post by harsha1970 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:54 pm

:roll: Home office website guidelines says to apply for HSMP extension two months before the expiry date.
:twisted: But when asked from the HSMP helpline I was told that it should be 5 weeks before the expiry date.If applied early than 5 weeks then HSMP extension would be given from that date & it would results in less than five Years for whole HSMP period.

Can anyone clarify this because I am confused of different advice given by different departments of Home office.

with kind regards
:oops:

Harsha

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:14 pm

If applied early than 5 weeks then HSMP extension would be given from that date & it would results in less than five Years for whole HSMP period.
No, extension will be given from the date of expiry of your current visa.

Also you can apply 2 months in advance as the FLR team is accepting it.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:23 pm

I would like to get an idea about getting extension for HSMP, in case ifHSMP visa holder is jobless, Still any chance of extension?
I guess one has to prove that s/he is economically active . what does exactly that implies ?