ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What would you do???? Advice needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

What would you do???? Advice needed

Post by returntotheuk » Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 am

Hi Guys,

I have been through immigration forums for over a year to find out all the information I can about getting my wife to the UK.

Anyway, we have been married for over 6 years, we have 3 children with British citizenship. We are confident we can pass every part of the settlement visa including the accommodation. However, we think we will not have enough cash as we only have 6,000 pounds in savings. We have flight money and visa money separate.

We have no jobs to go to in the UK and I have not lived in the UK for 7 years.

My question is, which of the 2 options would you do below?

1. Apply for the visa making sure it is well laid out, it gives as much supporting documents as possible plus monthly expenses, accommodation etc. Plus bank statement to show 6,000 pounds.

2. Instead of applying for the visa, I the British citizen go back to the UK with our 2 oldest kids. I find a job and then apply for my wife to come across later. The problem with this option is that it could take a year if not longer. I looks like I would be able to claim lots of benefits which I will be entitled too which will make it easier for my wife to come across to the UK.

I do not want to do option 2 because of the obvious reason of the family been split up plus I not want to be relying on benefits. If my wife is not with us then there is no way I can go to work when I have 2 kids unless I am claiming childcare benefit or I work around the kids school which again would mean I need to claim benefits.

Or, do you think the ECO's are Savvy enough to know that if my wife does not get her visa then I will go to the UK with my kids and claim benefits which IS going to have me claiming more benefits then if my wife was with me? Should I write them like this in my "Sponsor letter statement" in my wife application? Obviously, in a subtle way?

If someone has a better idea then please by all means advise.

Thanks

SSEF

Re: What would you do???? Advice needed

Post by SSEF » Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 pm

returntotheuk wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been through immigration forums for over a year to find out all the information I can about getting my wife to the UK.

Anyway, we have been married for over 6 years, we have 3 children with British citizenship. We are confident we can pass every part of the settlement visa including the accommodation. However, we think we will not have enough cash as we only have 6,000 pounds in savings. We have flight money and visa money separate.

We have no jobs to go to in the UK and I have not lived in the UK for 7 years.

My question is, which of the 2 options would you do below?

1. Apply for the visa making sure it is well laid out, it gives as much supporting documents as possible plus monthly expenses, accommodation etc. Plus bank statement to show 6,000 pounds.

2. Instead of applying for the visa, I the British citizen go back to the UK with our 2 oldest kids. I find a job and then apply for my wife to come across later. The problem with this option is that it could take a year if not longer. I looks like I would be able to claim lots of benefits which I will be entitled too which will make it easier for my wife to come across to the UK.I do not want to do option 2 because of the obvious reason of the family been split up plus I not want to be relying on benefits. If my wife is not with us then there is no way I can go to work when I have 2 kids unless I am claiming childcare benefit or I work around the kids school which again would mean I need to claim benefits.

Or, do you think the ECO's are Savvy enough to know that if my wife does not get her visa then I will go to the UK with my kids and claim benefits which IS going to have me claiming more benefits then if my wife was with me? Should I write them like this in my "Sponsor letter statement" in my wife application? Obviously, in a subtle way?

If someone has a better idea then please by all means advise.

Thanks
Not sure why you think you will be able to claim lots of benefits, you have been out of the country for 7 years, you have paid nothing in and I hope you know you'll have to jump through many many hoops before you get a penny! Claiming benefits is not as easy as you seem to think.

Why not come alone, secure a job and then send for your family instead of thinking what you can sponge off the UK!

or

Do what other single working parents in the UK do, find a job that fits in with your kids and claim "working" tax credits and help towards child care (if your kids are nursery age) and enlist help of your family, again something a lot of Brits do.

I may sound so harsh but as a tax payer, I find it rather annoying that someone thinks they can come here and take out of the system without having paid into for years!