ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work on dependent VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arnava
Newly Registered

Work on dependent VISA

Post by arnava » Thu May 12, 2011 11:08 am

Hi

Can a dependent Visa holder work in UK till the validity period even after the main applicant left the UK.

Say if i am on dependent VISA in UK got a job here and if the main application leave UK after 6 months can i still stay in UK and work till the validity preriod of my dependent VISA .

Thanks

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 pm

you may need to say why your sponsor is not in the UK before you can get meaningful help.
The idea of a dependant visa is that you are dependant on someone in the UK
pennyless

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu May 12, 2011 4:34 pm

Technically yes, since your visa is valid for the validity period and there are no stipulations that you have to enter or even remain in the UK with your partner.

Extension or ILR for you as a dependent would be near to impossible though as you would not have lived together. Your time in the UK doesn't count towards anything and you will most likely have to return back home at the end of your visa anyway.

A better explanation of your circumstances will really help towards getting a more helpful response.