ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I re-apply?Moderators pls advise.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaps10
Newly Registered

Should I re-apply?Moderators pls advise.

Post by kaps10 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:35 am

hi guys...

I need some advice especially from moderators.
I had applied in Dec 2005 and got rejected due to experience points.I had claimed senior level points but granted only graduate level.
My experience letters are very detailed and clearly mention that as Project Manager I am supervising a team of 20 people spread across 5 countries and handling their project budgets also.The duties are also mentioned in detail.

Now my question is that is there any sense in re-applying with the SAME documentation? There is no way that I can add anything more to it and I have seen cases in this forum where people have got senior level points with much lesses responsibilities.I strongly feel that whatever I have mentioned is sufficient as per the case-worker's manual.
So is there a chance that some other case-worker may assess it differently?Have there been such cases in the past?

Please advise.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:53 am

...just to learn from your case, could you please replicate the reason of refusal mentioned in HO letter? As per the details given by you, your refusal seems strange.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:16 pm

I have seen cases in this forum where people have got senior level points with much lesses responsibilities
There is no way of telling what points have been awarded to successful applicants. While you may have seen some people claiming specalist points and getting approved, there is no gaurentee that they have got points in that category.
I strongly feel that whatever I have mentioned is sufficient as per the case-worker's manual.
So is there a chance that some other case-worker may assess it differently?
There is such a possibility. Thats why they have the review process, where your application will be considered by another case worker and you have an oppurtunity to let them know why you deserve the points in a certain category without giving any additional documentation. If they too felt you couldnt be awarded those specalist points, then in their opinion, it has been a consistent assessment.

kaps10
Newly Registered

Post by kaps10 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:26 am

Thanks for the reply..
Actually it is my desperation which is prompting me to hope against hope and take another risk of 315 GBP.....let me think..

thanks anyway for the inputs.