ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Marital Status Change in Visa Important-Can I cme without

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jitkha
Newly Registered

Is Marital Status Change in Visa Important-Can I cme without

Post by jitkha » Thu May 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Hello,

I am a Divorcee lady from India. But while applying for my Tier1 Visa, I un-intentionally did not change my marital status, though I got divorced few months before I applied. Now, I am liking someone from UK and for my settlement I want to come to the UK on my Tier1 Visa which is valid till Aug 2012.

But the problem is in the records of Border Agency I am still married to my Ex-Husband and hence marrying in the UK might contradict my status with them.

Could anyone suggest me a way out (of the below mentioned options)
1. Shall I walk in the country or come to the UK and then ask the Border Agency to change my status in their records there.

OR

2. Shall I request to the UK Border Agency from India to change my Marital Status- which might also have a fear of cancellation of my existing Tier1 General Visa and I may never come to UK again.

Pleas suggest a way out from this. I have been living with this problem from almost a year now but finally thought of making it public and receive your expert comments & opinions.

Regards.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu May 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Your location says you are in the UK but your post suggests India, where are you?

It is hard to imagine after the drawn out procedures in India for a divorce how you can "inadvertently" describe yourself as married on any form you may complete. But that said you have done it now , well over one year ago.

What exactly are you planning on doing - marrying again and applying to join your spouse?
pennyless

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 12, 2011 2:14 pm

jitkha, you have been asked a good question :-
Your location says you are in the UK but your post suggests India, where are you?
-: and I look forward to reading your answer.

Please be aware that Moderators of this board can lookup the IP address used when a post is made.
John

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Assuming you are the principal PBS migrant (and not a dependant):

If you wish to enter UK as a Tier 1 migrant on your existing leave, then there is "no need" for you to inform UKBA of your recent divorce or current marital status. Inform UKBA of your divorce and marital status if and when you make an immigration application and if the application form asks for such information.

Alternatively, after arriving in the UK as a Tier 1 migrant or if you are already in the UK, if you choose to inform UKBA about the change then you can do so through Migrant change of circumstances form.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!