ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

womanhandy
Newly Registered

Advice Needed

Post by womanhandy » Fri May 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Needing the advice of the esteemed moderators in particular – My intended and I would appreciate any advice or direction that could be given. The situation is as follows:
-We (my intended and I) have been speaking for almost two years and wish to be married and live in the UK (he is British by birth), I am an American citizen (by birth)
-I came to the UK last year and stayed with him for two weeks, I do have a picture of us standing by one another.
- My intended is getting pension/unemployment of around £137.35 a week and council tax is paid for him.
-My intended owns his home (no mortgage).
-My intended does not have a passport and has no desire to get one (one of the items listed to send in with the visa application).
-My intended has about £4000 in savings.
-I have no bank account of any kind.
-I do work, but my check stubs show a garnishment (due to a student loan).
-There is also a 26 year age difference. I’ve been told HO doesn’t really look at age differences until it’s 20+ years, not sure if this is true either – age shouldn’t matter as long as a person is an adult.
- We speak every day on Live Messenger, with phone calls on occasion as well.
We would basically like to know, given the facts, what the possibility of getting the visa is and what would be seen as problems with getting the visa.
Sorry for the long post, but thank you for any help you could give.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 13, 2011 4:15 pm

You may struggle on the financial aspect, although you appear to be just over the minimum. If you apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK (only option as your fiance doesn't intend to travel), you will need to show that after rent or mortgage, council tax and any credit loan repayments have been met you will have a minimum of £105.95 remaining weekly.
You say he has no mortgage and I assume that he isn't paying council tax due to the fact that he's unemployed at present?
As long as you can show the relationship is genuine, you shouldn't be refused due to the age gap.

womanhandy
Newly Registered

Post by womanhandy » Fri May 13, 2011 4:25 pm

The house was bought outright; there is no mortgage. He has no credit cards and does not borrow money. The council tax would work out to 17 pounds a week.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 13, 2011 4:31 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66244

Worth reading above link to see if it helps you with procedures