ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application - On Comprehensive Medical Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Fri May 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Dear All,

I am an EU PhD student and I need to provide the UK Border Agency with comprehensive sickness insurance. Questions:

1) Shall the insurance cover me only or also my non-EU partner?

2) What is the extent of the insurance? Is it OK an essential insurance or shall it cover also for ex. medical (non surgical) treatment and emergency surgery?

3) Do you have any advice on any kind of insurance the UK Border Agency accepts? Do you know any website you would suggest in order to stipulate an insurance contract online?

4) The insurance shall be in place in the UK for the period of my studies; this suggests I shall stop the insurance at the end of registration of my PhD. Would you suggest to extent it for some months after this end instead?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks in advance for your kind cooperation!

Best

ehop

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

HI

Post by toni34 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:39 pm

the best is WPA,it has to cover everybody included in ur application
NON EU national with RC

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Sat May 14, 2011 12:00 am

Thanks toni34!

I would then go for a WPA XS Health, which is actually a student medical insurance, making sure that also my partner is covered.

Would 1 year health insurance be enough (I shall finish my PhD studies in 1 year time)?

epoh
Newly Registered

about health insurance

Post by epoh » Sat May 14, 2011 9:41 am

toni34 and all,

I took it for granted the UK Border Agency would accept a WPA XS Health insurance, but after reading the posts in this forum, I found it was refused once.

Did somebody else (preferably, a student) applied by using the WPA XS Health? Was it accepted? Would you suggest another WPA type of insurance instead?

I'll also ask you all the same question I asked toni34: would 1 yr insurance be enough?

Thanks and best

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Sun May 15, 2011 10:22 am

Hello Everybody,

I really need urgent advice on this, and I rely on your help. I address my request to students in particular, who successfully applied for and received a Residence Card under the EEA2.

Which health insurance did you use? Was it a one-year insurance contract?

Sorry for posting again the same topic, but I received no reply so far, apart from the one of toni34, and I really need advice.

Thanks!

makiko
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 application - On Comprehensive Medical Insurance

Post by makiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 am

[quote="epoh"]Hello Everybody,

I really need urgent advice on this, and I rely on your help. I address my request to students in particular, who successfully applied for and received a Residence Card under the EEA2.

Which health insurance did you use? Was it a one-year insurance contract?

Sorry for posting again the same topic, but I received no reply so far, apart from the one of toni34, and I really need advice.

Thanks![/quote]

Hello Epoh. I'm applying EEA2 too. I was wondering if you bought WPA XS eventually? Was it accepted? Thank you for your help.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

CSI

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:25 am

makiko
Newly Registered

Re: CSI

Post by makiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:43 pm

[quote="nonspecifics"]Makiko, see these very recent threads too:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85803

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=84339[/quote]

Thank you non specifics.
So WPA was refused once... But in some cases it got accepted by the HO.
Should I take a risk? This is the only company I can afford. AVIVA is far too expensive.

Please give me your advice.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

CSI

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:26 pm

The issue now is that WPA and BUPA and maybe others only accept customers who have been resident AND have been registered with a GP in the UK for at least 6 months.

If you do not meet those conditions they will refuse to insure you.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

CSI

Post by toni34 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:00 pm

my partner was a student and it was accepted
NON EU national with RC

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:00 pm

[quote="toni34"]my partner was a student and it was accepted[/quote]

Thank you toni34. My EU husband is a student, he will use his EHIC to fulfill the CSI requirement. I will buy private insurance myself. Did you get the XSHealth plan from WPA? I really don't know why it was refused once (according to a post in this forum)

Thank you in advance!

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

CSI

Post by toni34 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:22 pm

i think the csi has to cover the eaa national and his dependants which is you.the european health insurance card is only for temporary stay or short stays
NON EU national with RC

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:16 pm

[quote="toni34"]i think the csi has to cover the eaa national and his dependants which is you.the european health insurance card is only for temporary stay or short stays[/quote]

Yes, the EHIS is for temporary stay but we need to write a statement to declare that. We plan to move out of UK after he finishes his study thats i why I just want to buy insurance for myself.

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:18 pm

[quote="toni34"]i think the csi has to cover the eaa national and his dependants which is you.the european health insurance card is only for temporary stay or short stays[/quote]

so which policy did you buy from WPA? I've asked so many times in this forum but nobody answered me!

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

CSI

Post by nonspecifics » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Makiko hopefully you have been resident for 6 months and registered with a GP for that amount of time

If not, WPA won't accept you as a new customer.

WPA "X S HEALTH" is a policy I know some people use.

I don't know if it being refused in someone else's application before was the correct decision or not, cos it seems lots of people get refusals and so often those refusals were wrong and overturned at appeals.
Last edited by nonspecifics on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:52 pm

[quote="nonspecifics"]Makiko hopefully you have been resident for 6 months and registered with a GP for that amount of time

If not, WPA won't accept you as a new customer.

WPA "X S HEALTH" is a policy I know some people use.[/quote]

[b]Thank you nonspecifics!![/b]

Yes I've been in UK for 4 years and I've registered with a GP. I also read that some one was rejected because he bought WPA XS health policy's covering only 'seconding care'. So I'm thinking about Aviva's 'Healthier Solutions' now.

If my husband use his EHIC, do you think I think purchase the insurance for myself? As does it have to be bought by him for me?

I'm so fed up with this 'Comprehensive Sickness Insurance' thing!

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

CSI

Post by nonspecifics » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:56 pm

It all depends on the individuals medical history too.

So, it's not a one policy suits everyone situation, especially if you have health problems.

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:59 pm

[quote="nonspecifics"]It all depends on the individuals medical history too.

So, it's not a one policy suits everyone situation, especially if you have health problems.[/quote]

Thanks, you are very helpful! :)

Is aviva accepted by the HO too?

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

csi

Post by toni34 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 pm

wpa xs health is the one am using,and m paying 45 pounds monthly for me.my partner and our 9 months old baby
NON EU national with RC

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:23 pm

An http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_H ... rance_Card EHIC card from your home country is also sufficient for a Student.