ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question on leaving england..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chazcarbone
Newly Registered

question on leaving england..

Post by chazcarbone » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:07 am

hell board.. great to be here.

i have a question thats been bothering me for a while.
i noticed my u.k passport doesnt have an EXIT stamp when i left england to turkey.

in fact, when i was at the airport in london, the only time i was asked for me passport is at the check in counter to get my ticket....

am i missing something?
does english border immigration check passports on the way OUT of england??????????

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:23 am

Theyre supposed to check passports both entering and departing, but I've also passed through customs before without getting stamped.

I believe this has become the norm moving about between EU countries, but I have also on one occasion returned from a holiday in Turkey and not been stamped (Gatwick)

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Re: question on leaving england..

Post by bbdivo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 am

chazcarbone wrote:hell board.. great to be here.

i have a question thats been bothering me for a while.
i noticed my u.k passport doesnt have an EXIT stamp when i left england to turkey.

in fact, when i was at the airport in london, the only time i was asked for me passport is at the check in counter to get my ticket....

am i missing something?
does english border immigration check passports on the way OUT of england??????????
You are quire right, UK does not put an exit stamp in your passport, there have been instances where immigration has been at the airport checking passports of departing passengers, however its more and exception than the rule (It was happening mostly around the time of the 7/7 attacks) However there has been debate as to whether the UK will re-instate these controls.