ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for a 4 Year Old Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Applicant_UK

Referee for a 4 Year Old Child

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Sat May 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Hello,

I submitted our naturalisation application (me+wife+4 yr old son) at the NCS in Glasgow couple of days ago. Reading through the forums, I realised the guidance for Form MN1 applicants (i.e children) states one of the referees should be .... "One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion"

To be honest, I have never thought of this requirement before, and consequently, gotten the same referees who signed for me and the mrs (family friends)...

Is it a big deal?... should I consider faxing another page to the Home Office, signed by one of his nursery teachers?.

Riz

quoc
Newly Registered

Re: Referee for a 4 Year Old Child

Post by quoc » Mon May 16, 2011 12:39 am

ILR_Applicant_UK wrote:Hello,

I submitted our naturalisation application (me+wife+4 yr old son) at ....

gotten the same referees who signed for me and the mrs (family friends)...

Is it a big deal?..

Riz
No. Not a big (or even small) deal - I believe.

My kids (1 and 4-year old) have my neighbour and one of my friends signing on their application forms. They have their BC now.

Good luck.

girishm
Newly Registered

Post by girishm » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi quoc,

I have to register my 13 months baby using form MN1. I have a similar issue with the 1st Referee. Health visitor not signing, no teacher obviously, minister of religion denied and don't know a social worker.

As read on the forum, I will use the referee who are professionals but what would I write in the section "Say how you know the child"?

As I understand this has to be in a "professional capacity", any advise?

Regards,
Girish.

kamal.gulati
Newly Registered

Facing similar issue.

Post by kamal.gulati » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Please let me know what needs to be writtern "how you know the child" and if it is ok to take reference from Neighbours who is Secondary Teacher by profession..

Hope to hear from someone soon

Raj422

Post by Raj422 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:14 am

Please advise what should be written in ' how do you know the child?' in professional reference..

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 10:24 am

kamal.gulati wrote:Please let me know what needs to be writtern "how you know the child"
Raj422 wrote:Please advise what should be written in ' how do you know the child?' in professional reference..
How can anyone here answer the question, without knowing the child?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Raj422

Post by Raj422 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:28 am

Sorry Vinny,

In fact I was talking of one professional reference. If our different family friends are doing both references, then can both write as family friends as one of them has to be Professionally engaged with the kid ( my son is 5 years old ).

Thanks and Regards