ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

married to an overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karen123
Newly Registered

married to an overstayer

Post by karen123 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:42 am

is it possible to stay in the uk after overstaying your visa but married to a british citizen. My fiance and I are to got married a week ago but he has been serve a removal notice by the UKBA, will he be able to come back if he left UK voluntarily or will he be able to sort his status here now that we are married?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: married to an overstayer

Post by mochyn » Tue May 17, 2011 6:47 am

karen123 wrote:is it possible to stay in the uk after overstaying your visa but married to a british citizen. My fiance and I are to got married a week ago but he has been serve a removal notice by the UKBA, will he be able to come back if he left UK voluntarily or will he be able to sort his status here now that we are married?
He would be allowed to apply for a spousal visa after leaving voluntarily and applying in his own country

See this story

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0