ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric done but need to travel - help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

randirandy
Newly Registered

biometric done but need to travel - help

Post by randirandy » Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi all - I would love some advice on the below:

My partner and I are applying to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 1 General. We applied by post on April 4th (delivered April 5th), got our biometric letter on May 5th but only just managed to get our biometrics done this past Friday (May 13), since we had to get it done at a PEO.

We need to travel - plane tickets for the US were booked January 2011 (before we even thought about switching visas) leaving June 4th 2011, however we can probably switch it to June 10th as that is the latest date we can extend it (we have an event on the 11th).

Questions
1) Given that we have a little under 4 weeks before we must travel - what is the likelihood of getting application processed in time and passports returned by June 9th?

2) if the chances are not good for June 9th delivery, I will probably ask for a return of documents (even though this will kill me, but we have to travel) - I was told it takes 10-15 days for a return, although I was also told you can fax a request to the PEO that is handling your application and you may able to send them a courier or royal mail special delivery envelope to return your documents next day - has any one heard or been able to do this successfully?

3) if i decide to take my chances and see if our application will be processed in this time frame - my understanding is that the approval (if we are approved) and passports will be delivered first then the BRP about a week later. My current Tier 2 visa is still valid until Aug 2011 - so if my passport is delivered before June 9th (but not my BRP), will I be able to travel and return to the UK under the Tier 2 visa? My gut says no but would love a confirmation.

thanks everyone - trying to think of all the scenarios where I can get my tier 1 done and still make my travel plans.

vcyapple
Newly Registered

Post by vcyapple » Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

we submit application and take finger print all on the same day. And I need to travel on the 19the of May. Not sure what we can do now.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:19 am

On point 3), answer is NO.UKBA clearly asks not to travel before you get your BRP in hand. However, I have read one case here where the guy managed to enter without BRP but he faced lot of trouble and advised everyone not to do this.

BRP can even come in 2 days. I got mine on Wednesay and my PEO appointment was on Monday. Only if I knew it can be so quick,I would not hav cancelled my office trip!!