ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR application with small claims court case!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dustin02
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR application with small claims court case!!

Post by dustin02 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:52 pm

I will be applying for spouse ILR in August, but someone has made a Small Claims Court case against me. Nothing serious. It's regarding selling him a used car, and he wants compensation because some repairs had to be done to it (PS I am not a car dealer).
Anyways, the court date is to be determined soon I guess and I am not sure what the judge will rule.
I am wondering if this would affect my ILR application in few months!!! Also if it would affect the citizenship application.
Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dustin

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Mon May 16, 2011 4:41 pm

surely if you sold a car privatly, the buyer does not have come back.

i could sell you a car, and you could drive it down the road then the wheels fall off. that would then be your problem.