ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR after HSMP, application sent, need advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xindie
Newly Registered

FLR after HSMP, application sent, need advise

Post by xindie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:51 pm

Hi All

This morning I have sent my FLR (IED) application with all required documents, including passports. I am on HSMP, first year, applying for an extension.

The problem is that I just realized that my passport is due to expire in less than two years , which is 2008, and most probably they will not be able to issue me an extension for 4 years since I think they are not allowed to issue visas which last longer than the validity of the passport.

I would be grateful if you would share your experience if you had similar situations. Also, what do you think would happen? Are they going to return my docs and ask me to extend the validity of my passport first? Or, can they issue a full 4 year visa in this case?

Thanks in advance.

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:42 pm

xindie,

I'm in the same boat as you, I sent for my FLR extention but then realized my passport is valid till end 2007 . So my dream of getting 4 yrs extention shattered.

But technically we can't do any thing. For my country I can apply for passport extension only 6 month before the expiry date.

I have yet to receive any response for extension.

Does anyone has idea how long does it takes now to get the passport back from extension.

- Zinx

Grateful Dead
Newly Registered

Post by Grateful Dead » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:28 pm

as far as i know, they stamp the passport with full extension (4 yrs) irrespective of when the passport is expiring. if they started checking each and every passport's expiry date and started giving extension - 2 years for some, one and a half years for some, three and a half years for some; depending on the time remaining on the passport, you can imagine how tedious it will become. i may say it is impractical.

yes when your current passport expires and you have to travel in and out of uk, you will carry 2 passports - one which is expired and has the extension stamp and the other that is new.

hope moderators and others who have experienced this situation will agree

regards

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:10 pm

As far as I know no one gets visa stamping for anytime more than the expiry date on the passport.

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:29 am

well, I've spoken to a couple of friends today and found out that one is in a similar situation, although living in US, got his extension (not hsmp, he's permanently based there) for more years last year, although his passport is due to expire next year.

Passport validity can be extended, this is what an other friend of mine has said (an immigration lawyer btw), and he advised me not to worry, although again, he had not dealt with any similar situations.

Well, I suppose we just wait and see. I sent my file today, I expect a response in max 4 weeks, so I will try to keep this topic updated.

ZINX: How many weeks before your visa expires you sent your application? I have followed the instructions and sent mine just 5 weeks before my EC expires. Maybe I should have sent it earlier, just in case.

Grateful Dead
Newly Registered

Post by Grateful Dead » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:09 am

my daughter's passport expired last year, but hsmp visa of 1 year was still stamped on the expired passport. now if she travels in and out of uk, she carries 2 passports

hope this clarifies that passport validity has no relevance for visa

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am

Grateful,
If thats the case it will be such a good luck for me. Since I sent my appli on 18th I'm expecting it to be with me by Friday as now it normally takes a week or 10 days for processing.

Xindie,
I have applied 6 weeks before the expiry of my current visa.
Last edited by ZINX on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:33 am

Good news is that I called up Home Office & they informed that I got an extension for 4 years valid till 2010. :D

Visa is yet to be stamped, let see if they stamp for 4 years in passport as well.

:lol:

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:20 pm

Congratulations ZINX!

I should be probably getting a response in 10 days, however I will call them as you did in a week or so.

Anyway, thanks for info, and good luck.

OneTen
Newly Registered

Post by OneTen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi Guys

1. My one year HSMP visa is expiring on 10 July 2006. Can I apply now for 4 year extension now.

2. I am married. Do I need to make two visa extension applications with fee 335 Pounds for each of us or one application and one fee is required to be submitted. Thanks for your quick help.

Best regards
OneTen

geriatrix
United Kingdom

For OneTen

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:28 am

Hi OneTen,

1. The book says you can apply for extension only 5 weeks before the expiry of your current leave to remain.

2. If your spouse is living with you in UK, you can apply for his / her extension (as a dependent) in the same form as yours. You will need to pay only 335 quids.

Hope this helps.

regards

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Wed May 03, 2006 12:57 pm

I got my passport yesterday with Visa stamped for 4 years. ;)

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Mon May 08, 2006 3:35 pm

Congratulations ZINX, I got mine friday, 5 may, that's literally 8 working days! 4 years too!

next stop, 2010. good luck.

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Tue May 09, 2006 10:12 am

I called to HO, they said my visa was done and they have sent it yesterday, but I did not receive it today, they said they posted it back by recorded delivery, hopefully i can get it tomorrow.