ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal won..next steps

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

northern_lass
Newly Registered

appeal won..next steps

Post by northern_lass » Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi All

I hope you can answer some of my questions below.

My fiance applied for a visa in Aug 2010 from Pakistan and the application was refused on the grounds there was not enough evidence we had met. However, we appealed and last week the appeal was granted. I have two questions about the next steps.

On the cover letter it says both parties have 5 days to appeal. However, below this it says that for out of country appeals, the appellant has 28 days to appeal. Does this mean the Home Office still only have 5 days to appeal the Judge's decision?

And the second question is, what usually happens next in terms of the process and timescale? I would love to plan for a Summer wedding but obviously can not do anything until we have some definite details on the timescale.

Many thanks in advance.

batleykhan

Re: appeal won..next steps

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 16, 2011 10:27 pm

northern_lass wrote:Hi All

I hope you can answer some of my questions below.

My fiance applied for a visa in Aug 2010 from Pakistan and the application was refused on the grounds there was not enough evidence we had met. However, we appealed and last week the appeal was granted. I have two questions about the next steps.

On the cover letter it says both parties have 5 days to appeal. However, below this it says that for out of country appeals, the appellant has 28 days to appeal. Does this mean the Home Office still only have 5 days to appeal the Judge's decision?

Yes thats right

And the second question is, what usually happens next in terms of the process and timescale? I would love to plan for a Summer wedding but obviously can not do anything until we have some definite details on the timescale.

You will receive the decision of the Adjudicator within 14 days of hearing. The Home Office will get the same one. If there is no appeal by HO, they will send the Adj decision to the post where your finance applied. In Pakistan it usually takes about 3 months to stamp the visa in passport. You will receive letter asking your finance to take his passport to Fedex . They will stamp visa and return it back to your finance. however prior to handing in passport make sure he has a valid TB certificate.

Many thanks in advance.

northern_lass
Newly Registered

Post by northern_lass » Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks for the info. My fiance has just been to get an updated TB certificate so that should be fine.

The other question I had was regarding the English Lang requirement. As we initially applied in August 2010, prior to the eng test being introduced, will he now have to complete the test? I would rather he get on with doing that now, if it is required for the Visa stamp.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 20, 2011 11:28 pm

If he applied before the rules changed, then no he doesn't have to take the test.

However he will need to do so ,once he applies for ILR in 2 years time.

He will have to do that here in UK