ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timelines for spouse of Irish National

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gobiram
Newly Registered

Timelines for spouse of Irish National

Post by gobiram » Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 am

Hi All

My first post, I have tried searching the forum but I was not able to find the answer so i am posting this post.

Does any body knows if there is a separate timeline for spouse of Irish national and how much time does it take once you have applied for naturalization based on married to spouse of Irish national.

thanks a million
gobi

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Tue May 17, 2011 10:55 am

Hi,

I think it might be between 12 and 18 months for an Irish spouse (but much longer for other people). That's according to the immigrant council publication.

I applied two and a half months ago, so am only a little bit into my wait (irish spouse).

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi, just to let you know that I received my yellow form today. I am married to an irishman. Applied in Dec 2009, got request for further docs in March 2010. Have to sign oath next week! Its about 17 to 18 months so far...will still have to wait for cert and then apply for passport..fingers crossed yours will be just as quick..or slow...lol

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Thu May 19, 2011 7:59 am

Congratulations, tiredmum! Thanks for the info too, gives us a bit of an indication as to how long we'll be waiting.

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 am

hello. i apply jun 08 i am still waiting. my td send letter and we get same answer all time that application is waiting, in their letter it say straight forward case take less time but other it can take longer. i never claim social and never arrested everything clean i have 2 irish kids with my irish wife and i am not straightforward enough for them.