ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing Daughter (ILR or should i Wait For 5months BC)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Asali

Bringing Daughter (ILR or should i Wait For 5months BC)

Post by Asali » Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 am

Hello everyone,

I was just about to start the process of bringing my daughter as a single parent as me and my other half had some issues, we have now sorted out differences, and back together.

Am due to apply for my BC in mid Oct 2011 as a spouse of British Citizen. Should i wait till when i get my BC to apply for my daughters Visa.

What is the difference if i apply for her while am holding my ILR(now) and after i have got my BC. Could someone tell me the difference? Will I save some money.

As am due for my BC just under 5months.

Pls advise

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm

there is no difference whether you are British or have ILR in terms of your child's visa.

is your spouse your daughter's other parent?

Asali

Post by Asali » Wed May 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks Greenie for your swift response.

@Greenie no he is not the parent

My understanding is if am succcessful with her Visa now, she will be granted ILE as I got ILR. What will she be granted when am a British Citizen???

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Greenie wrote:there is no difference whether you are British or have ILR in terms of your child's visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Where is your child's other parent and who does the child live with at the moment?

Asali

Post by Asali » Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 am

@Vinny I have been single parent since when i gave birth. No idea where the dad is.

I understand got to prove sole responsiblity which am hoping I have already gathered all that is needed. With alot of help from this board i have managed to gather alot, and am still gathering.

She is in boarding school during holidays he is with my parents.

I would appreciate if someone answers my question pls: Whats the difference if I apply for her to join me while am holding ILR(ILE for her) and when I have would have got my BC.What visa would she be granted.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu May 19, 2011 10:10 am

Asali wrote:I would appreciate if someone answers my question pls: Whats the difference if I apply for her to join me while am holding ILR(ILE for her) and when I have would have got my BC.What visa would she be granted.
that question has already been answered. twice.