ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FALSE PROMISES??

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chashmebaddur

FALSE PROMISES??

Post by chashmebaddur » Wed May 18, 2011 10:07 pm

DEAR ALL,

I am writing to get some guidance on my canadian immigration file.

I am based in united kingdom and have filed my canadian immigration file in the year 2007 - november through one of the so called reputed company in ontario in canada called P*oT*C - dont want to disclose their name in the forum.

They have assured me in their email at the time of submission that i will get my immigration / PR within 24 to 28 months as filling from UK!

However, despite having 42 months now passed, the case file on cac website still showing as in progress!!

I need a guidance from reputable/ senior members here to guide me whether i can file a case against the company in canada from UK about their false promises to me for getting my immigration clearance within 24 to 28 months ???

What other options do i have to get my money back ??

Early / prompt response will be highly appreciated...

Chashmish....

Richter

Post by Richter » Sat May 21, 2011 10:21 am

The published processing times for the London visa office, for 2007 applicants has recently been changed to 49 months. There are a lot of Nov 2007 applicants still waiting.

While your immigration company was perhaps a little over optimistic with their estimated time frame (when you applied the published processing time was 42 - 48 months), I don't think you would have any course of action against them. A new application process was introduced the following year which was much faster (you had to have a job on a very defined list - plus the points). In effect there are now two queues running alongside each other - the 'new' queue is much faster, but this has slowed down the 'old' 2007 queue considerably.

There are people who applied in April 2007 who have yet to hear anything. It is just a case of waiting I'm afraid. The new queue is taking priority and the old queue seems to be mopping up any spare visas in the quota.

man4uni

FALSE PROMISES??

Post by man4uni » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Hello Chashmebaddur,

Do you have any updates now ?

Its not only you I think. My immigration was filed in Sep 2004 but from India CHC ... Nothing has been updated yet :cry: ... I know its sad times.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated!