ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse. please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goody09

ILR for spouse. please help

Post by goody09 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:31 pm

My wife is on 2 years Spousal visa that will end on May 2012, so she can apply for her ILR after May, before this two yeas visa she was on WP dependant visa, and she has not been out from UK for the last two years now if somebody could hep me with the following questions

if she gos back home now for 3-4 month for having our baby there would this affect her ILR application next year?

on the time she will apply for her ILR next may, this absence would be the only absence from UK within the last 3 years, I would not be able to go back home with my wife as I am working here full time

we have been married for the past 6 years and we have two kid as well
any help please
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 19, 2011 3:37 pm

See also Time spent outside the UK.

Wasn't she granted ILR with you?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

goody09

Post by goody09 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:44 pm

No, because at the time I applied for my ILR she did not have her pass in life in the uk test but now she did it pass the ESOL course with citizenship matrials, thanks alot Vinny